Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ukraine military murdering civilians like Israel why the double standard? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Russia is seen as the bad guys but this Ukraine government was bought into power by Western powers.

ReputationRep:
    Because the media is bias and portrays Israel as 'defending itself' despite the fact that it is a terrorist state that has oppressed the Palestinian people and even murdered children in cold blood.

Having said that, the Israel and Russian situations are quite different and far more complex than what you are suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    Because the Israelis are killing Muslims, and Muslims care more about their fellow Muslim than everybody else. So when Palestinian Muslims are killed, their "brothers" all over the world are outraged.

The Ukraine killings are limited to that part of the world, so no-one really gives a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I figured it was because they don't want pictures of lots of dead blonde haired white kids in the news because it's our governments who support the Kiev government and helped them into power.

ReputationRep:
    I expect the US will give the Ukranian govt better weapons to fight the Russians just like they did in Afganistan.

I think a lot of people will now see the pro Russia separatists as terrorists and Russia as their sponsors.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trust anything out of Russia Today. Pro-Russian reporting of the conflict has been dubious to say the least.
    'Anonymous unnamed witness claims Ukrainian soldiers crucified baby, there's no verification or collaborating evidence but just take our word for it, it happened, honest'.
    Hmm, yeah okay, that doesn't sound like complete bull****.

ReputationRep:
    RussiaToday is biased of course but look at who owns and runs much of Western media.PressTV is the same it's pro-Iranian propaganda according to most. Let them give their case and make your decision on who is telling the truth.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.