Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm doing a postgraduate degree, and the university has a small department for the course. There are four lecturers including the program director.

As you can imagine, the course is intimate and the lecturers quickly know you by name and your capabilities as a student.

At the start, I was having trouble with one of the modules and I went to the module leader's office for help. We were sitting quite closely to one another, and all of a sudden I felt.."giddish" (giddy-ish)- I said some stupid, unnecessary things e.g. "You have a nice accent". The module leader laughed it off, but I walked out the office thinking to myself "WTF is wrong with you?"

Anyway, I didn't think anymore of it- but every time we'd pass each other he'd smile and we'd talk. On one occasion, I organised a meeting with him, and he came out of his office early to find me in one of the computer labs so that we would have more time together in our slot. I thought it was sweet that he'd do this- and then I thought "I doubt he'd do that for anyone else". I don't know why I thought that- and why I still do. As if I'm special....:rolleyes:

In essence, there have been other things that have happened, and I feel drawn to him. I have a crush on him, and every time I attend university, or even go on the train to attend university, I keep thinking I will see him. It's got to the stage where I begin and hope to see him outside of university- I actually fantasize about seeing him outside of university and think of scenarios where this might happen. I finally realise how naive and stupid I am.

My course is drawing to a close, and the thought of not seeing him again makes me emotional and I feel like breaking down. At this moment in time, I just cannot see how that could happen. I was thinking, at the end of my course, sending him an email expressing how thankful I am and that I'd like to stay in contact with him, but I don't know if that's appropriate/will blur professional boundaries, or generally a good idea with how I feel. I was going to ask him to be a reference. How do I get past this?

ReputationRep:
    Just E-mail saing you can't stop thinking about him - whats the worst that can happen? you are leaving Uni anyway

ReputationRep:
    wait till your course is finished then ask him out maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Other than the whole "I like your accent" thing have you said/done anything else that might have indicated that you liked him? If so, he would've picked up on it and would've shunned you off immediately. The fact that he hasn't may be a good sign. Wait for your university course to finish completely and go ahead with your email plan. It's fine in every sense.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.