Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men do you intervene in other peoples dramas Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok the other day I was walking home early hours of the morning just got back from a little shin dig.
    So i see one man walking with one girl who was clearly drugged up.Borderline unresponsive. She was in a quite shocking state.
    The guy looked like a shady character,kept looking around and was basically carrying her.
    Anyway first thing i thought was this guy probably drugged her now hes gonna take her somewhere and rape her.
    Another story i got is I was cycling to work and I was passing through a back road and i heard a scream then i see one man slapping one girl twice.After that she started shouting at him while he was telling her to get in the car.

Both times i did nothing.

So should I start intervening and start "doing the right thing".
    And would you or do you intervene when you see trouble

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've seen similar stuff. Why should I do anything about it and risk getting hit or worse? If they're into bad boys they deserve what's coming to them. On top of that, I know cases when a guy did intervene and the woman started abusing him for trying to help her lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Yeah, I've seen similar stuff. Why should I do anything about it and risk getting hit or worse? If they're into bad boys they deserve what's coming to them. On top of that, I know cases when a guy did intervene and the woman started abusing him for trying to help her lol.
    yep I've seen that as well.
    Probably one of the reasons why i tend not to intervene in a situation like that.

ReputationRep:
    I am not more important than another human being, so yes. Even if it means just calling the police and staying on the phone with the operator whilst silently following them.

Better to be safe than sorry. Who really cares if you get embarassed?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.