Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it strange I don't like clubbing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to sound like Darwin on his theory of clubbing but I really don't enjoy it.

I have very extroverted group of friends who go out most weekends and always ask me to go out with them. And it's quite annoying because I feel like the novelty's sort of worn off in a pretty abrupt manner.

- I don't really like dancing, or attempting to dance

A. Than just get wrecked?

Well I do. And I still don't like dancing.

I also have a girlfriend so going out for that basis is off the table

I'm just worried because I'm going to start University pretty soon and I feel like I should be more energetic, but meh- is this the general norm?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Moved to Chat

ReputationRep:
    I hate clubbing too, I see it as a waste of time and money. even if i went for girls, 99% of the time they're complete wrecks. seeing as I'm going uni in september, I need to be considerate financially and would rather put my money elsewhere. not to say i will never go, but it seems people leave clubs as if they've had the time of their lives when that seems stupid. how can they say they had a great night when they don't even remember it?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like clubbing either. Too inhumane.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    You pay money to filled with drunk rowdy "people" - more like crazy animals- in a dark room with the same awful music everywhere.

Awful, and we call ourselves "civilized".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Moved to Chat
    You didn't answer the question.

I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:
    -Girls with bi-polar standards
    -A club should never be filled with sweaty people
    -Queuing
    -overpriced drinks

ReputationRep:
    Why do people on here feel like not clubbing or drinking is anything special?

ReputationRep:
    It seems that 75% of TSR despises clubbing. I am in the minority. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I love it as well, my first time, I wasn't much drunk but people started asking me what kind of drugs I took to which I replied "just life", many girls started approaching me, I started whispering creepy things into their ears just out of amusement. At the end, before leaving, I was staring at a girl for couple minutes then I went up to her, took her hand, kissed it, and slowly leaned towards her ear telling her "you're beautiful" then I left. She will always remember this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like it either. The only reason guys go is to get drunk and hope that somehow they'll go home with someone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything strange about not liking clubbing. I enjoy it but at the same time can see why some people wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it is fun, sometimes it isn't. Personally I prefer pubs and bars. I just find dancing to music I don't like to be very awkward. There is nothing strange about not liking it, a lot of people on here will agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're not alone.

The SU bars are awful, serving overpriced drinks and playing god-awful student anthems.

"Hey, we're going to play the soundtrack to university!" :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    -Girls with bi-polar standards
    -A club should never be filled with sweaty people
    -Queuing
    -overpriced drinks
    This is pretty much it. Especially the first one. It's funny because you could be alright looking and hit on a girl during the day and you'd have a good shot at it. But at a club this is the complete opposite lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiina_Tee)
    Why do people on here feel like not clubbing or drinking is anything special?
    Because we're not girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    I love it as well, my first time, I wasn't much drunk but people started asking me what kind of drugs I took to which I replied "just life", many girls started approaching me, I started whispering creepy things into their ears just out of amusement. At the end, before leaving, I was staring at a girl for couple minutes then I went up to her, took her hand, kissed it, and slowly leaned towards her ear telling her "you're beautiful" then I left. She will always remember this.

In all fairness a lot of girls can say they've experienced weird moments such as that in a club. You underestimate the power of a female after you've taken 5 jDs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    In all fairness a lot of girls can say they've experienced weird moments such as that in a club. You underestimate the power of a female after you've taken 5 jDs
    The weirder, the more memorable, the better. That's my motto in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    The weirder, the more memorable, the better. That's my motto in life.
    True. But did you bang though?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.