Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guuyss!
    So I applied late for uni, got in QMUL and applied for accommodation about 10 days ago, immediately after receiving my offer. But the housing services just emailed me and told me that it's very unlikely that they will be able to provide me with university housing so even though I'm on their wait list, I should start looking for private housing alternatives.

I have an unconditional offer, firmly accepted and I'm an international student, do you think I'll et any preference? Also, do places at uni for housing open up following the results?? Really worried please help!

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to email the QM Housing Services again and seek advice from them regarding private accommodation. You are gonna say you are international student and you don't know what to do and how to find private accommodation. They will be able to give you some guidance.

And it's true that it's unlikely that you will get a place for accommodation since you applied for accommodation pretty late. It's safer to start finding private accommodation in case you end up with nowhere to live.

Regards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applicant2014)
    I would advise you to email the QM Housing Services again and seek advice from them regarding private accommodation. You are gonna say you are international student and you don't know what to do and how to find private accommodation. They will be able to give you some guidance.

And it's true that it's unlikely that you will get a place for accommodation since you applied for accommodation pretty late. It's safer to start finding private accommodation in case you end up with nowhere to live.

Regards.
    Thanks!! Emailed them about my situation. Hopefully, it gets sorted out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the list of alternative accommodation on the QMUL housing website? They list private halls and have a student flatsharing noticeboard, and recommendations for short term accommodation (to enable you to find something when you arrive).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, also an international student.

Did you manage to find somewhere to stay yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.