Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got offers from SOAS in M.A Environmental law and sustainable development, LSE in MSc Gender, development and globalisation
    and RHUL in MSc sustainable management.

I decided to go to LSE for its prestige although the course was my second choice. I want to work in multinational organisation or education sector once I finish my masters. I could do it with any of the courses above so I chose on prestige. But again I have a question, Am I right thinking that I can get a job in a multinational organisation, say in HR department, having an Msc in gender studies given that I have a bachelors in international business studies or all my time and money would lend me in international NGO where I dont want to work? ( I want an office job minus heavy research, not a field work)

Is there anyone who took the same course and is working in MNC, or anyone who knows someone or just anyone who has superior knowledge of anything related to the course and related careers. your feedback will be highly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Someone? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Okraruh,

If you do well in your first year, you could always change your degree programme in the second year. Different departments have different requirements, but you always have the option to switch to a more desirable course in your second year should your grades permit

http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/studen...Conditions.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about doing a masters in a degree that's not directly relevant. I know a lot of NGOs require a masters in a relevant field, in lieu of experience in the area. Plus, do you want to do a degree that you won't enjoy?

I don't think the link above is of much use to you - it seems to apply to undergrads only. Since masters are short and a lot more specialized, I'm not sure its possible to change degrees. I'd email the relevant departments within the School, and use the forums for Gender Studies on TSR and general research to find out what MSc Gender Studies students tend to go on to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzzzzzzen)
    Hey Okraruh,

If you do well in your first year, you could always change your degree programme in the second year. Different departments have different requirements, but you always have the option to switch to a more desirable course in your second year should your grades permit

http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/studen...Conditions.pdf
    hey thanks for replying, the only problem is i am a postgrad student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueconstellation)
    I'm not sure about doing a masters in a degree that's not directly relevant. I know a lot of NGOs require a masters in a relevant field, in lieu of experience in the area. Plus, do you want to do a degree that you won't enjoy?

I don't think the link above is of much use to you - it seems to apply to undergrads only. Since masters are short and a lot more specialized, I'm not sure its possible to change degrees. I'd email the relevant departments within the School, and use the forums for Gender Studies on TSR and general research to find out what MSc Gender Studies students tend to go on to do.
    i'm dropping all of the offers and going to SOAS to do MA in globalisation and multinational organizations (if not lse).. the degree has a wider scope, i'll be in central london.. and from what I know soas is not that bad? .. Besides, I am going to LSE's pre-departure events ( let's see what the alumni has to say)

ReputationRep:
    i'm dropping all of the offers and going to SOAS to do MA in globalisation and multinational organizations (if not lse).. the degree has a wider scope, i'll be in central london.. and from what I know soas is not that bad? .. Besides, I am going to LSE's pre-departure events ( let's see what the alumni has to say)
    Sounds like a plan. SOAS is a pretty cool place to be and well respected among NGOs as far as I know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.