Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what would you do if your mother/brother/sister was murdered by an israeli airstrike? Watch

ReputationRep:
    imagine you were born in Gaza, an open prison, and say your little brother gets murdered while playing at the beach...or your mother while shopping for food. what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be angry naturally. Would I condemn an entire nation and support it's destruction and the massacre of it's people though? Perhaps, or perhaps not.

ReputationRep:
    Be angry at whoever did it not the whole nation... Wonder why her and not someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably cry. No, I'm fairly certain I would cry.

ReputationRep:
    I would hate Israel even more.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to imagine - as we would be completely different people. Perhaps the natural response is retaliation... conflict breeds hatred. I wouldn't do the same to them, as to me though... i.e attack civilians; as it is never justified.
    Terrible conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presidential_)
    what would you do if your mother/brother/sister was murdered by an israeli airstrike?

This

http://youtu.be/V0_gcwgicaA?t=21m31s

ReputationRep:
    Blame Israel for killing them.

Blame Hamas and etc for continuing to fire thousands of rockets and giving Israel a justification to attack.

ReputationRep:
    I would cry and I would be ridiculously, ridiculously angry

ReputationRep:
    Why do you call it murder, its war and there are always innocent people being killed in wars? Its not murder unless unarmed people are being deliberately killed or likely to be killed.

Do you consider the firing of rockets into Israel by Hammas murder? It would meet the criteria for murder or negligent homicide since the rockets land randomly while Israel at least tries to target its strikes.

ReputationRep:
    Retaliate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'd demand their eradication however it is Hamas who reject peace and fire at Israel indiscriminately, the only thing stopping Isreali's dying is the missile shield.

ReputationRep:
    If this happened to me, I would hate both Israel and Hamas

Israel for carrying out the killing

and Hamas for doing literally everything they can to make sure Israel ends up killing civilians (for their propaganda war)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Blame Israel for killing them.

Blame Hamas and etc for continuing to fire thousands of rockets and giving Israel a justification to attack.
    Israel does not need a reason to attack, they attack indiscriminately and even during ceasefire

Hamas is far from perfect but don't forget they were democratically elected and the majority of Palestinians support resistance

ReputationRep:
    Call my father and tell him the bad news seeing as he was the only one not killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)
    Israel does not need a reason to attack, they attack indiscriminately and even during ceasefire

Hamas is far from perfect but don't forget they were democratically elected and the majority of Palestinians support resistance
    Hamas fire indiscriminately

Whether they were democratically elected in 2006 is irrelevant to the discussion of their stupidity in 2014.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Why do you call it murder, its war and there are always innocent people being killed in wars? Its not murder unless unarmed people are being deliberately killed or likely to be killed.

Do you consider the firing of rockets into Israel by Hammas murder? It would meet the criteria for murder or negligent homicide since the rockets land randomly while Israel at least tries to target its strikes.
    Yeah, on innocent children.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)

I think you will find that in the most recent ceasefire, Israel agreed to stop, whereas Hamas fired dozens of rockets in the period of attempted peace. Don't try to lie, it doesn't help your point. They are both as bad as each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    Yeah, on innocent children.
    And their parents.

ReputationRep:
    Fact is Hammas kicked a bear and the bear is mad and is coming out swinging. Totally foreseeable and avoidable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.