The Student Room Group

what would you do if your mother/brother/sister was murdered by an israeli airstrike?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40

Anyone else watch Revenge?
Original post by Maker
Why do you call it murder, its war and there are always innocent people being killed in wars? Its not murder unless unarmed people are being deliberately killed or likely to be killed.

Do you consider the firing of rockets into Israel by Hammas murder? It would meet the criteria for murder or negligent homicide since the rockets land randomly while Israel at least tries to target its strikes.

It's not strictly an archetypal case of war, insofar as those killed are subjected to a long-standing occupation by those who ousted them from their homeland, while militants in the occupied territories are non-state actors. It has characteristics of intra-state war, a liberation movement, and inter-state war all at once -- whatever the case, it's an occupation. Israel has certainly exhibited a less than maximal aversion for killing civilians in an asymmetrical relation with asymmetrical means; call it what you want.
Original post by yo radical one
Hamas store their weapons in civilian areas so exactly this happens

Sure I would want justice, but both Israel and Hamas would be to blame, rather than just Israel

As a sidenote you do realise that when Hamas took control of Gaza the first thing they did was publically execute a bunch of opposition party leaders, so this idea that Hamas represents all the Palestinians, is a total fiction

Where exactly are they supposed to store their weapons. In the desert, where they would be picked off and obliterated within seconds.
They have no other choice but to store them in the city.
Original post by presidential_
would you want justice? or will you act as Israelis pet and do exactly want they want and even if you do, there is a chance of you being killed too

Well, when you are a loser, you are a loser.

You can either do it the easy way and try to get the best possible solution for your people or you can do it the hard way and get everyone killed in the process?
Reply 44
Original post by billydisco
Why would Israel purposely attack children? What is the logic?

BsrrmlECQAA-xFY.jpg large.jpg

You tell me?
Original post by jayman
BsrrmlECQAA-xFY.jpg large.jpg

You tell me?

You showed me a picture which shows nothing.

I asked why would Israel TARGET children, not HIT children? You see the difference right? One is intent and one is effect.....
Hate Israel more than I do already. Which seems damn near impossible
Reply 47
You showed me a picture which shows nothing.

I asked why would Israel TARGET children, not HIT children? You see the difference right? One is intent and one is effect.....

To stoke the flames of anger within the Palestinian people and keep the support for the conflict going, creating more recruits for Hamas in the process. It's the only way they can illegally occupy Palestinian land and expand their territories, as is their goal.

The only beneficiaries in this conflict are Israel. They just need a justification, and Hamas are doing a great job in giving them that. A group who they have created through their indiscriminate killing and oppression on the Palestinian people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Be angry at whoever did it not the whole nation... Wonder why her and not someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but these people will never find out who did it. The problem with democracy is there is no clear figure head, leaders come and go and screw things up working in the interests of many interest groups with little accountability, at least a monarch is forced to remain until they step down.
Reply 49
How many innocents have the Islamic nutcases PURPOSELY killed? ~23,000 since 9/11.

That's a fairly low figure.

200,000 dead in Syria alone.
Reply 50
Original post by themorninglight
Hate Israel more than I do already. Which seems damn near impossible

You're going to have to start hating a lot of nations if this is your criteria for hating nations.

How many Afghans have the Brits killed?

By the way, you'll need to start hating 'palestinians' too for the innocents they have killed.
Original post by Maker
Why do you call it murder, its war and there are always innocent people being killed in wars? Its not murder unless unarmed people are being deliberately killed or likely to be killed.

Do you consider the firing of rockets into Israel by Hammas murder? It would meet the criteria for murder or negligent homicide since the rockets land randomly while Israel at least tries to target its strikes.

Yes, 'target' it's strikes. That's how they deliberately blew up children playing on the beach.
Original post by thunder_chunky
I'd be angry naturally. Would I condemn an entire nation and support it's destruction and the massacre of it's people though? Perhaps, or perhaps not.

I think if you saw it day in, day out, your views would be a lot different. In the West, we only hear of these stories. We don't see if with our own eyes. In that sense, I can understand why people want the destruction of entire nations, because in their eyes, that nation is basically destroying their land, and what do they have to lose, if every things already been destroyed?

I thought this was quite interesting

[video="youtube;5tEsWRXV_BM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEsWRXV_BM[/video]
Lets say I was living in a fairly isolated location (despite the density of the area), maybe a good 50m or so between my property and anything else. Then the aforementioned scenario occurs...

I'd be angry, real angry, but then I'd pause. I'd remember what Netanyahu said recently, that they were aiming at terrorists/Hamas every time. I'd think to myself.....seems legit..then just smile and carry on with my day with no resentment towards the guy/country and no temptation to join a group telling me I can avenge my family, to be branded a terrorist.

I mean we have folks complaining about the dead kids, but I'm sure Netanyahu would tell you that in fact one of them, in 20 years time. may well have joined Hamas, hell maybe TWO of them. So he was in fact aiming at "the bad guys", again, totally legit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by goldenfish
Yes, 'target' it's strikes. That's how they deliberately blew up children playing on the beach.

How many wars can you name in which mistakes didn't happen?

When NATO struck Serbia, this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/348287.stm

And this happened - 70 refugees killed by NATO
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/319539.stm

And this happend
Russia and China lodged protests after Nato's raid on a railway bridge hit a passenger train, killing 10 and leaving 16 injured.
The Belgrade-Salonika train had been crossing the bridge near Leskovac, southern Serbia as the air-launched missile released several miles away reached its target.

And this happened

Serbian officials reported that Nato killed at least 16 civilians after two missiles hit a residential area in the southern town of Surdulica.

And this happened
At least 23 people died when a Nato missile aimed at the Luzane bridge north of Pristina hit a passenger bus.

Tell me WHY Israel is held up to a different standard from the rest of the world when it makes blunders? Why?
Reply 55
Original post by goldenfish

Spare me the crocodile tears, people who let their kids play on a beach when there are shells, rockets and bombs flying in the vicinity are shoe in for Darwin Awards.

And again don't kick the bear.
Original post by Fungii
To stoke the flames of anger within the Palestinian people and keep the support for the conflict going, creating more recruits for Hamas in the process. It's the only way they can illegally occupy Palestinian land and expand their territories, as is their goal.

The only beneficiaries in this conflict are Israel. They just need a justification, and Hamas are doing a great job in giving them that. A group who they have created through their indiscriminate killing and oppression on the Palestinian people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so you are saying that the Israeli PM had a meeting where they discussed these kids and that killing them would be a great thing because it would p*ss-off Hamas and continue this war? I can just imagine such important people thinking-up this strategy.....

As opposed to- someone fired a shell at the wrong target/they thought someone else was there..... :rolleyes:
Original post by Chindits
Tell me WHY Israel is held up to a different standard from the rest of the world when it makes blunders? Why?

Because TSR is full of Muslim, leftie, UAF, Guardian-reading nut jobs and the small fact that every part of the world where there is a significant Muslim population is a war zone is ignored by them....

In Israel the problem is the Jews
In Syria the problem is the Christians
In Sudan the problem is the Christians
In Burma the problem is the Buddhists
In China the problem is the Chinese
In Kachmir the problem is the Sikhs and Hindus

and the best of all:

In Iraq the problem is the other Muslim faith!

Can't even stop fighting within their own religion!
Reply 58
Because TSR is full of Muslim, leftie, UAF, Guardian-reading nut jobs and the small fact that every part of the world where there is a significant Muslim population is a war zone is ignored by them....

In Israel the problem is the Jews
In Syria the problem is the Christians
In Sudan the problem is the Christians
In Burma the problem is the Buddhists
In China the problem is the Chinese
In Kachmir the problem is the Sikhs and Hindus

and the best of all:

In Iraq the problem is the other Muslim faith!

Can't even stop fighting within their own religion!

I agree whole heartedly with you.

Unfortunately this isn't confined to TSR.

It's the media too.

NATO bombs a wedding party and it's a "tragic event/blunder that will be fully investigated"

End of story.

Israel allegedly bombs a beach killing children, and it's WAR CRIMES, BUTCHERS, MURDERERS etc.

Not just fanatic wide-eyed Muslims. It seems people are itching for Israel to make a wrong step to denounce them, whilst ignoring everyone else.
Become a rebel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending