The Student Room Group

what would you do if your mother/brother/sister was murdered by an israeli airstrike?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Blame Israel for killing them.

Blame Hamas and etc for continuing to fire thousands of rockets and giving Israel a justification to attack.

Praise Hamas for doing something about it, and understand why they do it.
Wonder why a member of my family is/was in Palestine
Well I have cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews who are telling me about the missile fire they're under every day (from all over Israel). A cousin of mine had a rocket go off 10 meters from his house.

What would you do if those were your family members?
It has already happened. Thousands of my Muslim family have been murdered. I just continuously pray for them, that they are now in a better place. The Israel govt will get what they deserve when the time is right.
Original post by shahbaz
Praise Hamas for doing something about it, and understand why they do it.

I don't care why they are commiting war crimes.
Reply 65
Original post by Dragonfly07
Well I have cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews who are telling me about the missile fire they're under every day (from all over Israel). A cousin of mine had a rocket go off 10 meters from his house.

What would you do if those were your family members?

Note vote for Hamas which is sworn to destroying a regional super power?
I don't care why they are commiting war crimes.

You should care innocent people are dieing, with the Palestinian death toll much much higher then the Israei one.

You are talking about the worlds 3rd strongest military vs Gaza, which literally use rocks and makeshift rockets, which are more like pot shots, there is no comparison.
Original post by shahbaz
You should care innocent people are dieing, with the Palestinian death toll much much higher then the Israei one.

You are talking about the worlds 3rd strongest military vs Gaza, which literally use rocks and makeshift rockets, which are more like pot shots, there is no comparison.

If you cared about innocent people dying then you would call for Hamas to stop firing rockets immediately.

The Palestinian death toll is higher because Hamas cannot defend it's own people. It is useless and should surrender to save it's own people from being massacred.
If you cared about innocent people dying then you would call for Hamas to stop firing rockets immediately.

The Palestinian death toll is higher because Hamas cannot defend it's own people. It is useless and should surrender to save it's own people from being massacred.

Exactly the Palestinian people have no control over hamas then why should they suffer, like when four children playing on the beach were killed by a shell from a naval ship.
Reply 69
Original post by shahbaz
literally use rocks and makeshift rockets, which are more like pot shots,

Here are the "makeshift rockets"

A "pot shot"

What Israelis have to do dozens of times a day, every day

Here are the little "fireworks" that 'palestinians' are firing.

Grad rockets - example video

M-302 rockets

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shahbaz
Exactly the Palestinian people have no control over hamas then why should they suffer, like when four children playing on the beach were killed by a shell from a naval ship.

Good, then your position should be the same as mine. Hamas should surrender for the good of the Palestinian people because they don't have their best interests.
Good, then your position should be the same as mine. Hamas should surrender for the good of the Palestinian people because they don't have their best interests.

Yes, but where our position differs is that the blame also lies with the IDF with their indiscriminate and disproportionate bombing.
Original post by Chindits

A "pot shot"

M-302 rockets

Sources?
Original post by BenAssirati
I think you will find that in the most recent ceasefire, Israel agreed to stop, whereas Hamas fired dozens of rockets in the period of attempted peace. Don't try to lie, it doesn't help your point. They are both as bad as each other.

There is something really wrong with the idea that there was a chance for ceasefire.
Normally when two nations are at war both sides discuss the possibility and terms of the prospective ceasefire.
However in this scenario Hamas wasn't even involved in the talks. It was essentially an ultimatum. When you have been suppressed for at least 20 years by being kicked out of your home and then not involved in the ceasefire process, you are not going to act well are you?
I think it is rich for anyone on this forum to say 'I wouldn't condemn a whole nation' when they cannot even imagine what is and has been going on there for decades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahbaz
Yes, but where our position differs is that the blame also lies with the IDF with their indiscriminate and disproportionate bombing.

I already blamed the IDF in the initial post.
I already blamed the IDF in the initial post.

Okay, but in this case I do think Israel should act more responsibly as the more developed and advanced nation. It should place more vaule on international law and human rights which it continually ignores.

But hamas is also to blame, but you can understand the motivation behind the attacks it is ofcourse a more complex issue the retaliation from hamas is part due to the treatment of the Palestinian people as second class citizens and the settlements being built on their land. But im sure there are better ways of dealing with this than with violence.
Reply 76
Original post by shahbaz
Sources?

Well, the pictures are from Israel.

Someone here has put them into one post

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e81_1405858319

The rocket pictures are what Hamas have in their arsenal and what has been fired at Israel. The most common is the Grad rocket.

The 'green' rockets at the end is the rockets Israel seized when they stopped a ship bound for Gaza. Some of these have been fired at Israel.

They are expensive, so most of the rockets being fired are Grad which are cheaper and can be launched in waves.

This is a Grad strike in Israel

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=339_1405352725

Put your speakers up for the sound to get an idea that these are not just fireworks.
Original post by Chindits

A "pot shot"

M-302 rockets

If those ''makeshift'' rockets cause such damage, destruction and fear then imagine what is being done to Gaza and the death and destruction that is being rained down on innocent civilians.
Or is it that they do not deserve lives in your eyes?

indiscriminate bombing of heavily built up areas

I think this onslaught is best described by this image:
Reply 78
Original post by Al-farhan
If those ''makeshift'' rockets cause such damage, destruction and fear then imagine what is being done to Gaza

Well, then perhaps it wasn't a good idea to start firing 150 rockets a day at a regional super power?

Perhaps the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire, accepted by Israel and backed by the Arab league as well as Abbas, should not have been rejected by Hamas?
Anger then total break down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending