The Student Room Group

what would you do if your mother/brother/sister was murdered by an israeli airstrike?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chindits
Well, the pictures are from Israel.

Someone here has put them into one post

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e81_1405858319

The rocket pictures are what Hamas have in their arsenal and what has been fired at Israel. The most common is the Grad rocket.

The 'green' rockets at the end is the rockets Israel seized when they stopped a ship bound for Gaza. Some of these have been fired at Israel.

They are expensive, so most of the rockets being fired are Grad which are cheaper and can be launched in waves.

This is a Grad strike in Israel

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=339_1405352725

Put your speakers up for the sound to get an idea that these are not just fireworks.

You forgot to mention that some of the pictures over on the liveleak collection contain images of the Iron dome defence systems employed by the IFD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssoZUSOgELkGo
Go to the 1:16 mark and I hope your volume is tuned down for the sake of your ears.
At least the israeli citizens have a warning means and bomb shelters the same can't be said for the gazan civilians.
I recommend anyone to watch the video, but bear in mind it may contain some violent and or distressing scenes
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, then perhaps it wasn't a good idea to start firing 150 rockets a day at a regional super power?

Perhaps the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire, accepted by Israel and backed by the Arab league as well as Abbas, should not have been rejected by Hamas?

Perhaps they fire rockets in retaliation, have you thought of that maybe?

Ps I like the lack of human empathy emanating from your posts, they way you make it seem that the hamas rockets are wreaking havoc and causing tragedies to the israeli civilians, while the palestinians deserve the death and destruction and thousands of tonnes of explosives rained on them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
I think everyone would have the same reaction.

I would blame Israel and join a group to get revenge. Simple.

I would have the exact same reaction if it was the other way around.
Well, the pictures are from Israel.

Someone here has put them into one post

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e81_1405858319

The rocket pictures are what Hamas have in their arsenal and what has been fired at Israel. The most common is the Grad rocket.

The 'green' rockets at the end is the rockets Israel seized when they stopped a ship bound for Gaza. Some of these have been fired at Israel.

They are expensive, so most of the rockets being fired are Grad which are cheaper and can be launched in waves.

This is a Grad strike in Israel

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=339_1405352725

Put your speakers up for the sound to get an idea that these are not just fireworks.

LiveLeak is a UK-based video sharing website that lets users post and share videos.
Im not sure how reputable the source is, but I do not agree with what hamas is doing.
Reply 84
Original post by shahbaz
LiveLeak is a UK-based video sharing website that lets users post and share videos.
Im not sure how reputable the source is, but I do not agree with what hamas is doing.

I know the guy, it's legit.

It's fine to say you don't agree with Hamas - but these people need to be actively DENOUNCED.

If people want to go on pro-palestinain protests, fine BUT they should be denouncing HAMAS in these protests too.

Their actions have created all of this.

The leadership is safely in a bunker and in Qatar, whilst the people are above ground suffering.
Original post by Dragonfly07
Well I have cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews who are telling me about the missile fire they're under every day (from all over Israel). A cousin of mine had a rocket go off 10 meters from his house.

What would you do if those were your family members?

Read the leaflets which were dropped hours before, warning them to leave and...... leave?
Original post by Al-farhan
Perhaps they fire rockets in retaliation, have you thought of that maybe?

Did Hamas fire any rockets BEFORE Israel attacked?

Ps I like the lack of human empathy emanating from your posts, they way you make it seem that the hamas rockets are wreaking havoc and causing tragedies to the israeli civilians, while the palestinians deserve the death and destruction and thousands of tonnes of explosives rained on them.

Oh so the fact Hamas have a relatively pathetic arsenal makes it totally fine to use against Israeli citizens?

If Hamas had the weapons Israel do, they'd be launching nuclear bombs in Tel Aviv! Would Hamas drop leaflets warning citizens to leave prior to an attack? No- because they're cowards, hence suicide bombings being part of their culture. They can't fight properly- its not in their nature.
I'd blame gaza for inducing it
I'll learn how to assemble and fire a rocket. BOOM!
Reply 89
Original post by billydisco
Read the leaflets which were dropped hours before, warning them to leave and...... leave?

Leave to where? Egypt had closed the Rafah border crossing, the other side is freaking Israel so wtf were they supposed to do? Swim for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Beenaa
Leave to where? Egypt had closed the Rafah border crossing, the other side is freaking Israel so wtf were they supposed to do? Swim for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Israelis gave them clear instructions. I saw the leaflets. They told them exactly what neighbourhood would be hit, which road to take out and what areas to head to which would be safe.

They were asked to move to Gaza city.

Sadly Hamas then put out an instruction that civilians should remain in their homes and not heed the IDF's warnings.
Original post by Beenaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they are supposed to go into the sea, don't you get it:wink:
The Israelis gave them clear instructions. I saw the leaflets. They told them exactly what neighbourhood would be hit, which road to take out and what areas to head to which would be safe.

They were asked to move to Gaza city.

Sadly Hamas then put out an instruction that civilians should remain in their homes and not heed the IDF's warnings

Erm..
Source of all the boldened parts please, else its just empty talk.
Original post by billydisco

You're referencing that one time when Israel dropped leaflets to the gazans warning them there was going to be an airstrike on nearby premises and to evacuate the area, which they ignored. This is a different situation...
Reply 94
Erm..

Well, there was a video on it

Go to 1:10

Here's BBC article saying the leaflets were dropped
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28320901
Original post by Maker
Spare me the crocodile tears, people who let their kids play on a beach when there are shells, rockets and bombs flying in the vicinity are shoe in for Darwin Awards.

And again don't kick the bear.

So, you're saying its okay to purposefully blow up children, since it's a 'war'?
Wonder what you would say if it was your own family / children. Defending the massacre of children is pathetic of you.
Be devastated.

I wouldn't be angry.
Well, there was a video on it

Go to 1:10

Here's BBC article saying the leaflets were dropped
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28320901

I was actually more interested in the bit where hamas restricts residents from leaving target areas?
can you actually verify that?
Reply 98
I was actually more interested in the bit where hamas restricts residents from leaving target areas?
can you actually verify that?

Here you go

Starts around 20 seconds in.
Erm..

HAHAHA

Look below your post- even somebody on your side then admits the Israelis DID drop leaflets notifying the Palestinians of an impending strike!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending