Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm really depressed at the moment. Yesterday was supposed to be my graduation ceremony. However I was not eligible to attend since I failed two modules and need to re-sit in late August. Going onto facebook just made me feel even worse when I saw my classmates' photos taken yesterday at the graduation ceremony.
    Anyway...my situation now is that even if I pass both of my re-sits, I will still, only get a third for my LLB. I understand with a third, it is almost impossible to secure a TC. However, I still want to do the LPC, because at the end of day, I want to return to my home country Hong Kong and practice there. It is much more difficult and competitive to be admitted into Universities in Hong Kong to do the course which is equivalent to LPC in the UK called PCLL. Therefore, I'm hoping a completion of the LPC will give me extra credits for my PCLL application.
    I'm planning to apply for a course called LLM LPC at the University of Law (Manchester). What I'm concerned now is that I will not have my re-sit results until Mid-September and the LPC course will commence at the beginning of September! Does it mean I can only apply next year?! I'm very annoyed with the system, I do not understand why the re-sit period has to be so late. It didn't just take away my opportunity to attend graduation ceremony with my classmates, it also affected my plans dramatically! I have also noticed that the BPP Law School has a January entrance, however it clearly stated on the website that they will not accept third class hons holders. Should I bother applying?

Please advise and thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.