Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can men read women's magazine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it socially acceptable for men to read magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Cosmo,etc... ?

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen it happen tbh. I've also never seen women read Nuts or Zoo.

ReputationRep:
    My gf buys them all the time for Bath time so I read them sometimes.

Mainly I just lol at the stupid fitness advice in them. I skip all the fashion crap.

ReputationRep:
    Socially acceptable?!

Of COURSE you can read it. Everyone has different personal interests, and they should be respected.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Is it socially acceptable for men to read magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Cosmo,etc... ?
    I mean you can there's nothing stopping you but it would look a little strange because of the stereotypes. Honestly there isn't very interesting stuff in them anyway. :dontknow:

Why would you want to read women's magazines anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goodness knows why you'd want to read them (it's all a load of drivel - how to lose 50lbs in half a second, sex tips that'll drive your partner wild, aha :lol:), but I don't see why not. In fact, some of the magazines I have read, my boyfriend has gone on to read after me 'for the lulz'.

ReputationRep:
    As a woman, I find them incredibly dull and disinteresting.

Doesn't mean you will though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I mean you can there's nothing stopping you but it would look a little strange because of the stereotypes. Honestly there isn't very interesting stuff in them anyway. :dontknow:

Why would you want to read women's magazines anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1. There's amazing cloths that I would never see when walking down a stree.

2. God like models.

3. The fashion goodness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanticipation)
    Socially acceptable?!

Of COURSE you can read it. Everyone has different personal interests, and they should be respected.
    Well because when I buy Italian/French vogue in a store (can't order them). The cashier would every time have awkward freeze when I pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Goodness knows why you'd want to read them (it's all a load of drivel - how to lose 50lbs in half a second, sex tips that'll drive your partner wild, aha :lol:), but I don't see why not. In fact, some of the magazines I have read, my boyfriend has gone on to read after me 'for the lulz'.
    What you are describing is like Cosmo. I read them in stores while I wait for ppl as they are hilarious as hell to read.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I read Stylist and I've seen other men do the same on the tube.

Of course, I skip the fashion sections and go straight to the columns.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly normal yeah lol. Gossip mags are amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Well because when I buy Italian/French vogue in a store (can't order them). The cashier would every time have awkward freeze when I pay for it.
    Honestly, don't worry about that. They always freeze whenever I purchase an 18-rated game or alcohol. It takes a good minute for them to scrutinize my ID, but I'm used to it now

ReputationRep:
    i read them to understand women

sharpen my manipulation skills

ReputationRep:
    I love a good womens magazine, there's always a good selection in the staff room at work. Not the celebrity ones, but the sort with stories like "My boyfriend's cousin's ghost did a wee in my wedding bouquet and now I'm pregnant'. Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellsteapot)
    I love a good womens magazine, there's always a good selection in the staff room at work. Not the celebrity ones, but the sort with stories like "My boyfriend's cousin's ghost did a wee in my wedding bouquet and now I'm pregnant'. Fantastic.
    PRSOM, unfortunately!

Those magazines are a guilty pleasure of mine, usually for the titles alone! In fact, the one sitting on the desk beside me has the blaring headline: 'KILLER BREAKFAST: MY CEREAL ALMOST KILLED ME'.

Beware, there could be a cereal killer on the loose. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I flick through Cosmo at the hairdressers. It never occurred to me that this could ever be perceived as "socially unacceptable".
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickfloss)
    i read them to understand women

sharpen my manipulation skills
    :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't refund the hug you gave me.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't refund the hug you gave me.
    By now I think that you should have realised that you are never going to get your money back... :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.