The Student Room Group

Part time job for students ?

Hi :smile:
i'm going to start a course at Surrey this september and I know i'll need to find a part time job to pay for my food and other things. I'm not from UK and I'll come to England only 2or 3 days before the freshers week starts.
Could you tell me where it is most possible for me to find a job?
In a coffee shop or something? Is it hard to study and work at the same time? Where did you work?
Sorry if a topic like this one already exists, I couldn't find anything:wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Coffee shops aren't always the best place for work but try cleaning and waiting roles through the job centre website. You should be okay if you are good at time management. I'm lucky enough to be given a temporary full time summer for next year as well as this year before I start.
Reply 2
see reed.co.uk, gumtree for jobs..
google it.. you get many:yep:
Reply 3
Original post by Sena5
see reed.co.uk, gumtree for jobs..
google it.. you get many:yep:

Thanks:wink: it's good to know what websites I should use:wink:
Reply 5
Thanks Sena5 again:wink:
Reply 6
Original post by foodirl
Thanks Sena5 again:wink:

How many did you apply so far?
And which uni are you gonna study at?
Reply 7
Original post by Sena5

I'm going to study at Surrey(hopefully-I met all my conditions)
and as it comes to the job, I haven't applied yet, I'm still waiting for the Uni to confirm my application:wink:
Reply 8
Original post by foodirl
and as it comes to the job, I haven't applied yet, I'm still waiting for the Uni to confirm my application:wink:

as soon as uni accepts and you land in UK, begin applying..
I'm not in UK but my advise cos when you have to fund accommodation, transport, food, and house bills..
Lemme know once you land in UK safely.
I wish one day in my life to learn at UK..
Reply 9
It's worth checking to see if your university has any student jobs available. For example working at the union bar, union shops, paid mentoring opportunities etc.
Reply 10
Original post by foodirl

when arriving at uni check with their careers service. They help students with careers..Always go to the career service at your uni for part time job seeking help..
Original post by foodirl
Hi :smile:
i'm going to start a course at Surrey this september and I know i'll need to find a part time job to pay for my food and other things. I'm not from UK and I'll come to England only 2or 3 days before the freshers week starts.
Could you tell me where it is most possible for me to find a job?
In a coffee shop or something? Is it hard to study and work at the same time? Where did you work?
Sorry if a topic like this one already exists, I couldn't find anything:wink:

pubs are also another big one- Weatherspoons take on a lot of students part time
Original post by Sena5

settle down yee two
Original post by foodirl

thats enough winiking for the night..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending