Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ford Focus electric windows both broken Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thought i'd ask here.

The other week both windows were working (front electric) now they aren't. The lights on the either switch don't light up, no clicking and both have gone at the same time.

I've checked all the possibly relevent fuses, they are all fine. Does anyone have any suggestions before i try and find a reasonable garage.

Thank you

Oh should say its a 2001 model. rear windows are manual

ReputationRep:
    Does the relay make a clicking noise when you activate those switches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    Does the relay make a clicking noise when you activate those switches?
    nope no clicking when any button is pressed
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    Just thought i'd ask here.

The other week both windows were working (front electric) now they aren't. The lights on the either switch don't light up, no clicking and both have gone at the same time.

I've checked all the possibly relevent fuses, they are all fine. Does anyone have any suggestions before i try and find a reasonable garage.

Thank you

Oh should say its a 2001 model. rear windows are manual
    Look at the wiring. Sounds like the wires are either broken or ill fitting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    nope no clicking when any button is pressed
    Check the relay, might be the culprit. On a Focus as per the Volvo S40/V40/C30 there is 1 relay and 1 fuse for all 4 of the power windows so if 1 stops working then all 4 stops. The other thing to check is the condition of the grounding wire.

On a Volvo S40 which has a Ford Focus power window module, sometimes after very hot weather the motor sticks, so if you tap it lightly with a hammer it will suddenly work.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.