The Student Room Group

How do I choose a good topic for my TOK presentation?

I'm having trouble choosing a good tok topic. please guide me.
Reply 1
Choose something that you are interested in, that you have an opinion on and that you think you present to others well.
Reply 2
Didn't your TOK teacher give you guidelines on how to choose and form a good TOK presentation title?
Firstly it should be connected with somenthing you are interested in and you must be able to discuss it in different AOK and WOK.
It should also be a auestion that cannot be answered with 'yes', 'no' or a simple statement.Best questions start wit 'to what extent can we....?'
Mine was 'to what extent can we rely on body language as a source of knowledge?' And i got a max for it.
Reply 3
Overall your topic or question must ask a question about knowledge itself or how we gain knowledge. My friend did 'is emotion or reason more relevant in our decision making process?' and used jaywalking as his example. His conclusion is that while one will logically think over anything, the first gut reaction one has is always caused by emotion. He got full marks.

Things to remember:

- always link to as many AOKs and WOKs as possible
- use examples relevant to you. (my topic was justifying dishonesty and plagiarism was my example. Got 19/20)
- while it is necessary to use examples, remember your question in the end must be about knowledge itself, not ONE particular situation, but always applicable and give insight to how we think. (note in my friend's example: jaywalking --> decision making; my example: plagiarism --> honesty). You aren't trying to find out what we do and think in one particular situation, but what AOKs and WOKs we react to in any similar situation.

Hope this helped. :biggrin: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out these guys, you might find something that inspires you: https://www.facebook.com/theoryofknowledge.net

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending