Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people who post nude photos cover their intimate parts? Isn't it counterproduc Watch

ReputationRep:
    I seriously don't get this at all... What's the point of posting a nude photo if you're not showing your whole body?

ReputationRep:
    If it's Facebook we're talking about, then it's so that they don't get removed.

ReputationRep:
    It's about teasing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've kinda thought this - like in naked calendars and stuff, it's not really naked if you cover up parts

ReputationRep:
    So you're forced to use your imagination and also like someone said teasing, it's like giving someone a cake and not letting them eat it :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I think that making sure that the photo is not removed is one factor. The other may be that intimate parts are more visible for many people given that more people are 'bare' downstairs, as it were.

I'd never post nude photos myself as you never know who could end up seeing them- not the sort of photo you would wish a future boss to see, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJStudent)
    It's about teasing.
    I don't get that at all, it seems illogical, either take a nude photo or don't take a nude photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    So you're forced to use your imagination and also like someone said teasing, it's like giving someone a cake and not letting them eat it :teehee:
    But all people generally look the same expect for slight variations.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The allure of what could be is what gets people off. Hence why teasing is the purpose of covering the most private parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    I don't get that at all, it seems illogical, either take a nude photo or don't take a nude photo.
    I guess it's something you'd understand more if it happened to you

ReputationRep:
    It's always good to hold something back. If you just show everything then people have nothing left to want.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.