Who does marriage help more, Men or women? Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Discuss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be both?
    I think the woman more though, she can live of his money.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well I think that it helps the otherwise weeker men but it also keeps men around during pregnancy which is why I asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both in a way

ReputationRep:
    It helps women way more than it helps men which makes me wonder why so many men get conned into the whole marriage routine in the first place.

Women get to financial and physical security from having a partner around not to mention children who they can then raise to be feminists and continue the man-hating cycle.

ReputationRep:
    My favorite quote on today's women and marriage thing is from Bill Burr's stand up : ''Can anybody make sense of these ****ing thing, Tiger Woods' wife, $250 million dollars, she is a babysitter worth a quarter of a billion ****ing dollars.''

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind of a marriage it is. Ideal marriage would be for the couple to help each other.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.