The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 - Physical Geography - 2015

Anyone doing revision for it?
I done all my notes for it this year but I was wondering, if I learned it all now would I retain the knowledge by the time of next year?
Or should I just wait until next year till learn it? - keep in mind we all have Unit 2s exam to do them too!

Im doing water on land, the living world and that volcanoes one(cant remember the name)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by ozmo19
I done all my notes for it this year but I was wondering, if I learned it all now would I retain the knowledge by the time of next year?
Or should I just wait until next year till learn it? - keep in mind we all have Unit 2s exam to do them too!

Im doing water on land, the living world and that volcanoes one(cant remember the name)

I've just finished my A Level Geography exams so it's been a while since I did the course! I would be very surprised if you could retain all that knowledge until this time next year. I find with Geography once you have learnt something, you will probably remember the key points, and then closer to the time you can go back over anything to make sure you understand the little details:smile: Good luck for your exams in the future!
Original post by ozmo19

Hello!
I did all the same topics as you :biggrin:
If you need any help just ask :smile:
Just finished year 11 and loved Geography :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Marcusroye98
Hello!
I did all the same topics as you :biggrin:
If you need any help just ask :smile:
Just finished year 11 and loved Geography :biggrin:

How many hours would you recommend revising unit 1 and unit 2 each before exams.. obviously it varies for different people but how long would you say is sufficient to be able to achieve a top grade of an A/A*

The volcanos etc topic of the 3 is by far the easiest... for water on land and the living world, what revision techniques would you recommend as it seems all I have is tones of notes:frown: thanks for your reply..

Also, I haven't started unit 2 work yet; how does it compare to unit 1?
its it easier to learn?

Thanks
Original post by ozmo19
How many hours would you recommend revising unit 1 and unit 2 each before exams.. obviously it varies for different people but how long would you say is sufficient to be able to achieve a top grade of an A/A*

The volcanos etc topic of the 3 is by far the easiest... for water on land and the living world, what revision techniques would you recommend as it seems all I have is tones of notes:frown: thanks for your reply..

Also, I haven't started unit 2 work yet; how does it compare to unit 1?
its it easier to learn?

Thanks

Hello :biggrin:
I did a week and a half for each topic :smile:
The main thing is learning the case studies but apart from that everything else is ok :smile:
Unit 2 is the human paper - a lot easier! and is a lot of common sense :smile:
For geography i recommend doing flash cards :smile:
Have questions on one side and answers on the other side e.g Destructive Margin- then on the other side - information about destructive margins hence Oceanic plate subducted blah blah blah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending