Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my parents don't allow me to go to house parties even though i have been invited and i am not allowed to drink or have a boyfriend. I cant go to parties with boys because it is 'not my culture'. Apparently i can have a boyfriend when i go to uni(hopefully). Is it possible to meet guys at uni who don't go clubbing etc...and would guys be interested in someone like me? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will meet Asian boys at uni.

(Original post by pane123)
    Yes, you will meet Asian boys at uni.
    yes i am asian but alot of asian boys go clubbing

ReputationRep:
    I dont like clubbing and I'm pretty sure loads of other guys don't like it either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yes i am asian but alot of asian boys go clubbing
    A lot don't. Anyway, the answer to your first question is no, you're not weird. Uni is a place where you will meet lots of like-minded people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why everyone on here thinks every student goes to uni to drink and club. From what I've seen its probably like 40% of people who REGULARLY go clubbing by this I mean like once or more a week.
    Freshers week is the time when most people go and try it out and everything but come January time if you do enjoy clubbing it will only be with the friends you've actually made and not large masses of groups.

Relax the whole uni clubbing and drinking phenomena - really is just exaggerated because people love to gloat and post on social networks how much they do it... Its not like people who like to have a quiet night in will instagram photos of themselves taking a selfie at the library or something..

(Original post by Georgiina_Tee)
    I don't understand why everyone on here thinks every student goes to uni to drink and club. From what I've seen its probably like 40% of people who REGULARLY go clubbing by this I mean like once or more a week.
    Freshers week is the time when most people go and try it out and everything but come January time if you do enjoy clubbing it will only be with the friends you've actually made and not large masses of groups.

Relax the whole uni clubbing and drinking phenomena - really is just exaggerated because people love to gloat and post on social networks how much they do it... Its not like people who like to have a quiet night in will instagram photos of themselves taking a selfie at the library or something..
    i know but its just that practically all of my friends go to house parties while i have to stay at home and watch DVDs by myself...and then when we meet they always go on about how much fun it was and who they made out with

(Original post by pane123)
    A lot don't. Anyway, the answer to your first question is no, you're not weird. Uni is a place where you will meet lots of like-minded people.
    thanks, i really hope so

(Original post by chukster97)
    I dont like clubbing and I'm pretty sure loads of other guys don't like it either
    so hypothetically if you met me you wouldn't be put off by this fact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so hypothetically if you met me you wouldn't be put off by this fact?
    Nah I'm not fussed, anyway most people after fresher's week stop clubbing and focus on work

ReputationRep:
    rebel against your parents responsibly now before its too late

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.