Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keeping in touch with friends after University Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you managed to keep friends after Uni?
    Yes, with ease
    25.00%
    Yes, but with difficulty (due to career, family etc)
    62.50%
    No
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, bit of a random question!

Are University friends the ones you hope to keep for life? And if you have left uni, have you managed to keep in touch with people you've made close friends with, and if so how have you gone about this? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Our flat is nice, spacious and at a very good rent. Add to that, the fact that we all plan to stay in London, we will continue to share the same flat until we buy our own home.

So, yes, we will keep in touch, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into 2nd year now and most of my secondary school friends (whom I've known since I was 11) are going into their 3rd years (I took a gap year) and we still keep in touch through Whatsapp and meeting up regularly during holidays and for people's birthdays etc.

ReputationRep:
    The friends I have made at university are my best friends and we are still friends now. However, I am struggling to keep in touch with them. My work schedule is different to their work schedules so I find it hard to arrange a meeting. Also, most of my friends live on the opposite side of the country to me, which makes it hard for travel. It is strange going from living with them and seeing them everyday to only seeing them a few times a year!

ReputationRep:
    I made one friend at uni, I seen her twice since graduating and stay in touch. Thankfully we are not to far away from each other, so can see each fairly easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.