The Student Room Group

Travelling before my NQT year?

Hi guys. I hold a 2:1 in english literature and american studies. I got to spend a year in California! Anyway, I have applied to do a PGCE this year but I want to go travelling for two year afterwards, before my NQT. I have a 120hr TEFL quakification and plan on teachin in Rome for one year, and Australia the second, or maybe just Rome. Would this stop me getting a job after I come back and do my NQT?

Also, if I do not have my NQT would I be able to teach abroad or not?

Pkease help! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by fungirl16
Hi guys. I hold a 2:1 in english literature and american studies. I got to spend a year in California! Anyway, I have applied to do a PGCE this year but I want to go travelling for two year afterwards, before my NQT. I have a 120hr TEFL quakification and plan on teachin in Rome for one year, and Australia the second, or maybe just Rome. Would this stop me getting a job after I come back and do my NQT?

Pkease help! Thanks

Im not sure about the first part so can't help you with that sorry but I know a couple of people who teached English abroad who didnt have NQT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fungirl16

Pkease help! Thanks

You need to do one year of teaching afer your pgce

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending