Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guysIm preparing to ask this girl out in my school sometime next week. Does this sound ok? "Hey amy(thats her name) would you fancy going to cinema on friday evening with me?" Also if she says yes where can i Take her for Second date and how long after the first one? Im 15 Shes 14

ReputationRep:
    That sounds fine, do you talk to each other a lot because she might be a bit surprised if you randomly walked up to her and asked her out? Also you could take her out for dinner next time like nandos or pizza hut or if theres something she enjoys doing you could go do it together or something!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelmcl13)
    That sounds fine, do you talk to each other a lot because she might be a bit surprised if you randomly walked up to her and asked her out? Also you could take her out for dinner next time like nandos or pizza hut or if theres something she enjoys doing you could go do it together or something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbatapple)
    No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below
    Then it would be pretty awkward...talk to her more and get to know her better before asking her out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    Then it would be pretty awkward...talk to her more and get to know her better before asking her out...
    Perhaps but my mate told me that she might like me. She Keeps liking all my pictures on instagram!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps but my mate told me that she might like me. She Keeps liking all my pictures on instagram!
    Let's put it simple. Do you like her? If so, ask her out. Just be prepared for her to be shocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am prepared for her to be shocked. Off course i like her!

ReputationRep:
    Get in there son. You ain't got nothing to lose :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend going for it mate, I know it can seem scary as it did when I was your age. Just basically think if she were to say no what's the worst that could happen. Be sure to be confident when you ask her. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Get in there son. You ain't got nothing to lose :borat:
    Hopefully she will say yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coxy124)
    I'd recommend going for it mate, I know it can seem scary as it did when I was your age. Just basically think if she were to say no what's the worst that could happen. Be sure to be confident when you ask her. Good luck.
    thanks bud! hopefully she will say yes! thing is I don't think she knows ive never had a girlfriend!!!

ReputationRep:
    By the way any tips for the first date?

ReputationRep:
    By the way any tips for the first date?
    I wouldn't go to the cinema for the first date.

This is from personal experience.

The whole point in the first date is to chat and get to know each other.

In the cinema you're sat in silence for 2 hours. How are you supposed to develop the relationship?

Instead, take her bowling. Fun, competitive, and most importantly you can chat.

Good luck! Just remember to have fun

ReputationRep:
    I think the cinema is a good idea (when I was 14 I was so horribly shy around boys that an hour and a half in the cinema was pretty good for not hyperventilating/developing a comfort zone. But then, it depends how shy you both are). Then go to a nice/calm coffee shop of some sort for a drink (you can talk about the film and hopefully it will lead to more stuff to talk about).

For subsequent dates, bowling, restaurant, walk/picnic, etc. See how it goes first time, but maybe a second date a week or 10 days after the first I guess.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking bowling but wasnt sure about it..

ReputationRep:
    Do i kiss her on first date?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Only if she gives the signal. Nothing worse than a premature kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Only if she gives the signal. Nothing worse than a premature kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the signals? Sorry if it sound Stupid but ive never dated
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What are the signals? Sorry if it sound Stupid but ive never dated
    It's hard to explain, but you'll know it when you see it - I was the same don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why the rush?

I second the bowling instead of cinema notion. You can talk more, but still have something to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.