maiaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I know this is a long shot but I really need to know what month I sat my GCSEs in, in summer 2004 as I need to get replacement certificates. They need to know what month I sat my exams in but I can't remember!

I took maths, drama, spanish and geography with Edexcel and english with AQA.

If someone remembers what month they sat their exams in, in 2004 I would be forever grateful! I have tried looking for past exam papers but no luck so far. Thank you!
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maiaw)
Hi, I know this is a long shot but I really need to know what month I sat my GCSEs in, in summer 2004 as I need to get replacement certificates. They need to know what month I sat my exams in but I can't remember!

I took maths, drama, spanish and geography with Edexcel and english with AQA.

If someone remembers what month they sat their exams in, in 2004 I would be forever grateful! I have tried looking for past exam papers but no luck so far. Thank you!
For my entire teaching career of 30 years, GCSEs have been sat in May or June, so they will fall into this category, unless you did November resits. That should be quite enough for them to work on.
maiaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
For my entire teaching career of 30 years, GCSEs have been sat in May or June, so they will fall into this category, unless you did November resits. That should be quite enough for them to work on.
Thank you so much for your quick reply! The problem is the form seems to want the exact month. If all else fails I could just put June for all of them, but I risk losing the fee. Why didn't I keep my certificates... :mad:
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maiaw)
Thank you so much for your quick reply! The problem is the form seems to want the exact month. If all else fails I could just put June for all of them, but I risk losing the fee. Why didn't I keep my certificates... :mad:
English is likely to have been in May. It's always early and over by June, and I'm quite sure about that one, having taught the AQA exam in question and I can almost visualise the dates on the front of the papers. Usually 21st - 26th May iirc. Maths might well also be a May one. The others are more likely to have been in June, I think. The more niche the subject, the later they tend to be, so drama is likely to be June. Good luck with it.
maiaw
Rep:
?
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
English is likely to have been in May. It's always early and over by June, and I'm quite sure about that one, having taught the AQA exam in question and I can almost visualise the dates on the front of the papers. Usually 21st - 26th May iirc. Maths might well also be a May one. The others are more likely to have been in June, I think. The more niche the subject, the later they tend to be, so drama is likely to be June. Good luck with it.
Oh wow, what an amazing memory! Thank you so much for your help. I'm asking a few friends as well, who I think have kept their certificates. If they come up short then I'll go by your advice. Hope you're having a nice summer x
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maiaw)
Oh wow, what an amazing memory! Thank you so much for your help. I'm asking a few friends as well, who I think have kept their certificates. If they come up short then I'll go by your advice. Hope you're having a nice summer x
Well, it's just part of the school environment rather than memory, really. Every year, English is one of the first and the small exams with few candidates seem to drag on until the end of June. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, so good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.62%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (100)
21.28%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.21%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.74%

Watched Threads