Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl I like in my friendship group and she's known this for quite a long time. I've been out with her numerous times and we've kissed numerous times, but with uni round the corner she says she doesn't want a relationship, and I agree with this. She says that we should just stay good friends and that I'm a good guy etc, but in all honesty this is something that I wouldn't be happy with.

I think she may still like me from what I've been told, and if we just stayed as friends during the summer, whenever we hung out as a group there would always be that slight awkwardness between us. Now, neither of us want a relationship, but then again I don't want to just be friends...

Should I just accept the "being friends" thing and try and move on, or is there anything else I can do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomguy1234)
    There's this girl I like in my friendship group and she's known this for quite a long time. I've been out with her numerous times and we've kissed numerous times, but with uni round the corner she says she doesn't want a relationship, and I agree with this. She says that we should just stay good friends and that I'm a good guy etc, but in all honesty this is something that I wouldn't be happy with.

I think she may still like me from what I've been told, and if we just stayed as friends during the summer, whenever we hung out as a group there would always be that slight awkwardness between us. Now, neither of us want a relationship, but then again I don't want to just be friends...

Should I just accept the "being friends" thing and try and move on, or is there anything else I can do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just stay friends - you have 2 months or so until uni. You will still be friends when you go off and friends when you regroup at Christmas. In the meantime you are going to meet lots of lovely girls at uni. You said it yourself - "neither of us wants a relationship"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.