Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would Christianity and Islam pass the U. N. rules on human rights? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would Christianity and Islam pass the U. N. rules on human rights?

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

While reading the list of requirements for countries to join the U.N., in terms of human rights, I noted that most religions would not be accepted if their laws were the law of the land.

If religious laws are so poor in terms of discrimination against women and gays, denying them their human rights, why are the religious in religions that they know have poor and immoral social laws?

If secular law is superior to religious law, then why are countries allowing such backward and backstabbing religions to exist in their countries?

These backwards thinking religions tend to subvert government efforts to modernize. The gay marriage laws are a good example here.

Governments have restricted churches in the past, to the point of having one religion kill off the adherents of the other. That is how Constantine’s Christians did when he bought the church. Forcing J W’s to allow blood transfusions is another. Why are governments today not telling these backward thinking churches to kowtow to the law of the land?

Strange to think that if the U.N. actually enforced its human rights rules, not even the U. S. would pass, as, like most of the Western countries, it only gives lip service to equality. I say this because the U.S. government did not restrict religious funding of anti-gay laws in Uganda that includes a death penalty.

I can appreciate why religions take in all comers. Money is the motivator.

Why the U.N. would do the same with those it knows deny human rights, I do not know.

Should people be trying to have both religions and governments live up to their stated duty to their peoples and their rights?

Is some kind of Affirmative Action required?

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    what is your point in short exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Wow another topic on a religion on tsr. Yes they would.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Human rights" are just the totalitarian religion of a so-called secular state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    Yes, because god forbid people should be considered equal to one another and deserving of a life free from persecution, tyranny and exploitation.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand it when people don't realise that to be a Christian is not the same thing as being a Christian fundamentalist. The Bible is 2000 years old - obviously it's not relevant to today's society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    Easy to say as a British person, who has been protected by human rights law their entire lives. Very easy to critise human rights law until you are the one whos rights are being violated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    what is your point in short exactly?
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedAreYouDumb)
    Wow another topic on a religion on tsr. Yes they would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes they likely would but would not deserve or earn that right.

They both discriminate against half the planet because they do not have dicks.

Talk to your wife. She will set you straight.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I can't stand it when people don't realise that to be a Christian is not the same thing as being a Christian fundamentalist. The Bible is 2000 years old - obviously it's not relevant to today's society!
    I agree.

The vast majority do not seem to agree with you as they continue to support churches that lies to us constantly about God.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatest I am)
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards
    DL

LOL-God knows what he is doing

ReputationRep:
    So the Romans believed in human rights...OK..

Whilst the Pope speaks for all Catholics (well in principle), doesn't mean all Catholics agree with him or have to. There are many Christian organisation that whilst don't support gay marriage don't think gays should be oppressed.

You're seeing it in two black and white a sense.

ReputationRep:
    LOL-God knows what he is doing
    Yes. Most of it immoral yet you follow his satanic ways.

Who is more likely to demand a human sacrifice? Satan or God?

Satan right? Yet your God did just that.

Keep laughing.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimolozen)
    So the Romans believed in human rights...OK..

Whilst the Pope speaks for all Catholics (well in principle), doesn't mean all Catholics agree with him or have to. There are many Christian organisation that whilst don't support gay marriage don't think gays should be oppressed.

You're seeing it in two black and white a sense.
    Agree or not, it is immoral for Christians to support and fund an organization that has institutionalized the oppression of women and gays and who has a pedophile protection policy.

If you cannot see that then it just shows how Christianity has corrupted your morals.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    Agree or not, it is immoral for Christians to support and fund an organization that has institutionalized the oppression of women and gays and who has a pedophile protection policy.

If you cannot see that then it just shows how Christianity has corrupted your morals.

Regards
    DL
    Morality is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)

said who?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Most of it immoral yet you follow his satanic ways.

Who is more likely to demand a human sacrifice? Satan or God?

Satan right? Yet your God did just that.

Keep laughing.

Regards
    DL

Very funny i forgot to laugh... you are right that satan is more likely to demand a human sacrifice as God is loving therefore would not do such a thing.....so what is your point exactly...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimolozen)
    Morality is subjective.
    Yes but that does not take away that in this case, if you disagree, then you have corrupt morals subjective or otherwise.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    Very funny i forgot to laugh... you are right that satan is more likely to demand a human sacrifice as God is loving therefore would not do such a thing.....so what is your point exactly...?
    That your God is more like Satan than a God because your God demanded what you say a Satan would.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    That your God is more like Satan than a God because your God demanded what you say a Satan would.

Regards
    DL
    LOL-your ideology is wrong as usual.

perhaps you need to re-think once again...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.