we should have the right to delete our accounts Watch

ReputationRep:
    why can't we delete our accounts on the student room. I think we should be able to delete our accounts. and what happens to our personal information .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stealth 44)
    why can't we delete our accounts on the student room. I think we should be able to delete our accounts. and what happens to our personal information .
    I think we can't delete accounts because it takes forever to remove posts or something.

ReputationRep:
    this needs to change.

ReputationRep:
    No the reason is they want to keep there membership high you should have the right to be able to delete your account and it the law this really needs to change.

ReputationRep:
    why do you want to delete your account so badly?

ReputationRep:
    There is no need to delete your account as far as I'm aware. If you've made some posts or something you want gone, you'll just have to manually go through and delete them. I think there's a bit on your profile somewhere where you can see all your posts

So no posts, delete your bio, all you have is the username 'Stealth 44' - I can't see why the TSR staff need to go to the effort to get that name removed?

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to delete my account. But I think you should have the choice to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.. And if an account is banned, they should really take down your avie picture/ profile pictures.
    Or even better, take all info down.

ReputationRep:
    there 100ds of non active accounts that could get hacked.

ReputationRep:
    You could delete all of your posts yourself, your user information and then ask to get yourself banned which is effectively the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Forum =/= Facebook. It's a fundamentally different paradigm.

Different rules and customs. You sign up agreeing that the stuff you post here is here forever. Your posts are indexed by search engines. You don't really have any privacy in the sense that everything you post is public.

You have the right to remove your personal information, delete your posts and request a permanent ban from the site, as others have stated.

ReputationRep:
    Agree
    We should have the right to be forgotten or at least have all our posts disassociated with our username

ReputationRep:
    There should be an automated process to delete it all. But it should also require a 7 day waiting period incase someone was hacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Forum =/= Facebook. It's a fundamentally different paradigm.

Different rules and customs. You sign up agreeing that the stuff you post here is here forever. Your posts are indexed by search engines. You don't really have any privacy in the sense that everything you post is public.

You have the right to remove your personal information, delete your posts and request a permanent ban from the site, as others have stated.
    Evil!!! TSR is an authoritarian fascist state that eats children

#rantover

ReputationRep:
    yes rant about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DErasmus)
    Evil!!! TSR is an authoritarian fascist state that eats children

#rantover
    :hand:

Whether or not TSR is a fascist state is moot. You knew the T&C when you signed up.

Sympathy = 0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.