Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question to students already at university. How much do you spend per week on average? Not including rent and gas/water/electric bills!
    I've just found out how much money I'll be getting from student finance so now is the time to figure out what I'll do 😊

ReputationRep:
    Even I would like to hear from some existing students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbseh)
    Just a quick question to students already at university. How much do you spend per week on average? Not including rent and gas/water/electric bills!
    I've just found out how much money I'll be getting from student finance so now is the time to figure out what I'll do 😊
    This would depend on accommodation! Obviously in catered you'd be spending less as you have food and drink for you, but then you'd be paying bus fare for uni.
    Another big thing is how much you like going out, it's super cheap in Liverpool and most places are free entry or under £4! I'd estimate £70 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csmith95)
    This would depend on accommodation! Obviously in catered you'd be spending less as you have food and drink for you, but then you'd be paying bus fare for uni.
    Another big thing is how much you like going out, it's super cheap in Liverpool and most places are free entry or under £4! I'd estimate £70 a week
    I should have said, it would be self catered! I know I love that most are free except popworld which is £5 though during the peak times of the night Okay £70 I think I can manage

ReputationRep:
    I was spending about £50 a week (self catered, so food and going out), sometimes less if I'd spent ridiculous amounts of money early on in the month

ReputationRep:
    I was self-catered in first year and spent probably around £15-£20 / week on food. Obviously further expense depends greatly on how often you go out, what you drink, what societies/sports you are involved in etc.

There are plenty of free places to go during the week, but be prepared for the costs to hike on Fridays & Saturdays when town becomes stag/hen night central.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteWash)
    I was self-catered in first year and spent probably around £15-£20 / week on food. Obviously further expense depends greatly on how often you go out, what you drink, what societies/sports you are involved in etc.

There are plenty of free places to go during the week, but be prepared for the costs to hike on Fridays & Saturdays when town becomes stag/hen night central.
    Thank you! I'm trying to figure out my budget but I literally have no idea so these guides are good

Friday and Saturdays are the worst for hen nights, the other week my friends and I counted 16 in one night!

(Original post by bumblebee342)
    I was spending about £50 a week (self catered, so food and going out), sometimes less if I'd spent ridiculous amounts of money early on in the month
    Okay that's much more achievable! I can push to £80 but I'd have to get a job to handle that 😔

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, I wish I picked private accommodation, I think I heard it was cheaper than liverpools normal accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    to be honest, I wish I picked private accommodation, I think I heard it was cheaper than liverpools normal accommodation
    But Crown Place is new and amaaaaaaaaaaaazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbseh)
    But Crown Place is new and amaaaaaaaaaaaazing
    I knoowwwww, but it is soooo expensive, you see my problem blud?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.