Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is she still upset? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, earlier this year I wiped the memory stick of a girl I know, do not worry she did not know who did it and believes that there must be an error on it. I did it just to see if I could (I did not want to use my own memory stick). Anyway it turns out that all of her A level revision notes were on there and with not enough time to write more, she flunked her exams and has been depressed ever since (crying frequently from what I hear). I am not going to tell her it was me (that would be immoral) but I want her to move on and realise that A levels are not everything. What can I do to get her to stop moping?

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    A levels may not be everything but they are important, she has every right to be upset and depressed because she now may not get the A level grades she needs and wants. ***** please, telling her it was you that did it is immoral? No wiping her stick was immoral, get up off your arse and go and apologise because the poor girl is probably blaming herself when really it's your fault

ReputationRep:
    If you're joking, then 3/10.

If you're serious, then that's really bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    A levels may not be everything but they are important, she has every right to be upset and depressed because she now may not get the A level grades she needs and wants. ***** please, telling her it was you that did it is immoral? No wiping her stick was immoral, get up off your arse and go and apologise because the poor girl is probably blaming herself when really it's your fault
    Why should I tell her it was me? She does not know that anyone wiped her memory stick at the moment and I really do not feel like telling her (that will cause unnessecary anger and hate). What I want to do is anonymously help her to move on with her life. In the long run what I did was probably not that bad and she should move on.

ReputationRep:
    Master trolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    If you're joking, then 3/10.

If you're serious, then that's really bad.
    No I am not joking. It is not "really bad". She does not know that anyone has wiped the memory stick and believes that she damaged it. I am not going to tell her as I do not wish to cause bitterness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerArduaAdAstra)
    Master trolling
    No, I am not trolling. Though from some of the unsympathetic responses in this thread I am certainly glad she does not realise that it was me. She needs to move on and I want to help her do it but I wish to help anonymously.

ReputationRep:
    Do not tell her. I would have killed you.

My memory stick is my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iseveryoneok?)
    No I am not joking. It is not "really bad". She does not know that anyone has wiped the memory stick and believes that she damaged it. I am not going to tell her as I do not wish to cause bitterness.
    It is really bad. There's no need to tell her it was you, but you made her lose her revision notes. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had lost my A level revision notes, would have been devastated. How can you not see that it's a really terrible thing to have done? Next time, don't muck around with other people's belongings, okay? For everyone's sake.

ReputationRep:
    Why should I tell her it was me? She does not know that anyone wiped her memory stick at the moment and I really do not feel like telling her (that will cause unnessecary anger and hate). What I want to do is anonymously help her to move on with her life. In the long run what I did was probably not that bad and she should move on.
    Do you not feel guilty? It is bad, it is really really bad - you have basically made someone fail their exams and what if she wants to go to university?and now she hasn't got the grades she needed for her course at the university she wants to go to - I actually hope it was just AS and not her A2s - man up and tell her what you've done just own up like I said she is probably blaming herself and it's your stupid arse that is at fault here

ReputationRep:
    No, I am not trolling. Though from some of the unsympathetic responses in this thread I am certainly glad she does not realise that it was me. She needs to move on and I want to help her do it but I wish to help anonymously.
    You are either trolling or emotionally dysfunctional.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not feel guilty? It is bad, it is really really bad - you have basically made someone fail their exams and what if she wants to go to university?and now she hasn't got the grades she needed for her course at the university she wants to go to - I actually hope it was just AS and not her A2s - man up and tell her what you've done just own up like I said she is probably blaming herself and it's your stupid arse that is at fault here
    Poster opens account today and starts off with this.

Probability of trolling now over 90%.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you're for real, you are a horrible, horrible person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Do not tell her. I would have killed you.

My memory stick is my life.
    Do not worry I am not going to. I do not want any immature attempts at revenge directed towards me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Poster opens account today and starts off with this.

Probability of trolling now over 90%.
    Should have checked that before I got all emotionally worked up :laugh:

Gosh I really hope that it is a troll :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    You are either trolling or emotionally dysfunctional.
    I am not trolling. I have started this account today for the simple reason that I want an account that can be easily disposed of when this thread has finished.

ReputationRep:
    Do not worry I am not a troll. When this thread has been finished I will dispose of this account. To use a regular account for a very personal issue like this would be foolish. You response is immature and judgemental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsFahima)
    If you're for real, you are a horrible, horrible person!
    Rather than being judgemental, it would be better if you advised me as to how I can anonymously help her move on with her life.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you taught her a valuable lesson about the necessities of data backup

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.