Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this a compliment?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today I was in a shopping center and this guy and girl where walking past and the guy quickly shouted out "she likes your dress" (referring to his girlfriend liking my dress) where they making fun as he didnt stop just quickly said it in my face and went away, or am I being paranoid and it was a genuine compliment.
    I was wearing this dress seen below with a cardi:

http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Feverfi...efault,pd.html
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly789)
    Today I was in a shopping center and this guy and girl where walking past and the guy quickly shouted out "she likes your dress" (referring to his girlfriend liking my dress) where they making fun as he didnt stop just quickly said it in my face and went away, or am I being paranoid and it was a genuine compliment.
    I was wearing this dress seen below with a cardi:

http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Feverfi...efault,pd.html
    It depends how he said it but I doubt they were making fun of you! So it probably was a compliment. However, if you think it was spiteful just ignore it.
    That is a lovely dress by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    It depends how he said it but I doubt they were making fun of you! So it probably was a compliment. However, if you think it was spiteful just ignore it.
    That is a lovely dress by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tanx

ReputationRep:
    I would say a compliment, it's a pretty dress btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    I would say a compliment, it's a pretty dress btw
    Aw thank you

ReputationRep:
    If I had to guess I would say the girl is easily embarrassed. The guy knows this. She said to the guy that she likes your dress (intending it to be kept private) only for the man to say it out loud to embarrass her as a joke between them. So yeah i'd guess it was a compliment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.