Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do uni students spend their summer holidays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says.

Do tend to read up on your course/review the previous year in preparation for the next?

Find jobs or internships in order to gain some experience (and money too of course ) ?

Or just put aside all work and enjoy it as much as you can before the academic things start piling up again?

ReputationRep:
    Currently working to balance the bank account, might attempt to do some reading come September time. Other than that, keeping myself vaguely fit so that rowing pre-season doesn't hurt too much.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say most people either do internships or they chill out most of the time alongside some part time work.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the options you've said above OP. Getting a paid job is always a good shout, especially if you are wading the territory that is the overdraft. Internships relevant to your planned career are probably the best use of a summer though considering how competitive the job market is and how difficult it is to stand out with just a 2.1 degree these days. Chilling out/doing nothing is a massive waste considering most people get loads of free time at uni anyway and you can always balance doing fun stuff with either of the 2 options above

ReputationRep:
    Majority would be working or looking for some work to top up their bank account or to help bump them out of their overdraft.
    Others tend to go on holidays and do some travelling with friends or family.

And the small minority, like myself, do neither and end up bored during the summer... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reina)
    As the title says.

Do tend to read up on your course/review the previous year in preparation for the next?

Find jobs or internships in order to gain some experience (and money too of course ) ?

Or just put aside all work and enjoy it as much as you can before the academic things start piling up again?
    most will work or do an internship - after all you have 4 months off, you don't need 4 months to review the years work, especially if you do a degree where the modules are totally different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reina)
    As the title says.

Doing lots of maths currently!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I travel

ReputationRep:
    Currently working two jobs so I'll have some extra expendable income during university. Also keeping fit going to the gym 5 times a week and starting to look for graduate jobs... eek.

ReputationRep:
    Work, travel if I can, watch bucketloads of telly, see some friends, scribble some notes down for next year, that sort of thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.