Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a lot to put on my personal statement and have read some Economics books (Freakonomics 1 and 2 the Undercover Economist) as am doing a combined degree but I haven't shown any interest whatsoever in Geography outside of school. Does anyone have any recommendations about what books to read that might be helpful and not too boring or anything else to do to show "interest in the subject"?

ReputationRep:
    Geography: The Essential Traveler's Introduction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Geography: The Essential Traveler's Introduction
    Can't find it anywhere (by which I mean I typed it into Google) so are you sure that is the actual name?
    Also is it actually an interesting book or just a good one to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Can't find it anywhere (by which I mean I typed it into Google) so are you sure that is the actual name?
    Also is it actually an interesting book or just a good one to say?
    Nah I just made it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Nah I just made it up
    Right ... well ... thanks for all that help!

ReputationRep:
    Right ... well ... thanks for all that help!
    Sorry

Does this help?

http://www.geog.ox.ac.uk/undergradua...ding-list.html

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does actually, thanks.
    Apparently now I don't even bother googling things, I just ask TSR. I probably could have looked it up myself but the thought never crossed my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does actually, thanks.
    Apparently now I don't even bother googling things, I just ask TSR. I probably could have looked it up myself but the thought never crossed my mind.
    You're welcome

Sorry for trolling you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.