Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought a ps4 around January time and its been working fine for the last 7 months. I had used it on different tvs in my house and taken it to my cousins house in the past and it was always fine.

last weekend i took the ps4 to my cousins house and we played there fine. i tried playing it at home but nothing appears on the screen? everything seems to be working fine with the system and ive tried 2 different tvs (not my cousins tv) and different hdmi wires. nothing. when i set up the ps4 it says 'mode not supported' on one tv. on the other tv there is a brief flicker of greyness but then it disappears and goes back to my tv saying 'no support.'

im really worried as you can imagine. ive tried calling ps4 but i was put on hold for 30mins on two separate occasions and i just got a machine response to my email. ive tried holding the power button until it resets but nothing happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dennis Larvon)
    I bought a ps4 around January time and its been working fine for the last 7 months. I had used it on different tvs in my house and taken it to my cousins house in the past and it was always fine.

last weekend i took the ps4 to my cousins house and we played there fine. i tried playing it at home but nothing appears on the screen? everything seems to be working fine with the system and ive tried 2 different tvs (not my cousins tv) and different hdmi wires. nothing. when i set up the ps4 it says 'mode not supported' on one tv. on the other tv there is a brief flicker of greyness but then it disappears and goes back to my tv saying 'no support.'

im really worried as you can imagine. ive tried calling ps4 but i was put on hold for 30mins on two separate occasions and i just got a machine response to my email. ive tried holding the power button until it resets but nothing happens...

Does it look like the HDMI port inside the PS4 may be broken or bent?

Maybe boot it up in Safe Mode and do a System Update and if all else fails a restore?

ReputationRep:
    the HDMI port seems fine, the wire goes in perfectly.

could you tell me how i do those things without being able to go on the menu?

ReputationRep:
    Are all the TV'S 1080p I remember with the PS3 if you went from a 1080p TV to a 720p you couldn't get a picture as it was outputting at 1080p which was to night for the new TV. You had to put it onto safe mode then turn it on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think that might be the problem so ill have to go back to my cousins tv and put the resolution back to the lowest possible to it'll defo work on my tv.

ReputationRep:
    how do i get it onto safe mode without going on the menu?

if its that thing where you hold the button for 2 beeps then ive tried that and it dont work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.