Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    I would like to know which smartphone is considered to be the best out at the moment. I'm not very techy so I am just judging on camera phone megapixels and general aesthetics of the phone. Obvs there's more to a phone but that's all I can think of at the moment.

So what I would like to know is which phone do you have? And which phone do you plan/want to get next?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not that techy does it really matter which is best? Just get one that suits your needs, they're all pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont care about looks, the Galaxy S5. If you do care about looks, just get whatever looks or feels the best as they are very similar. The HTC M8 has a nice feel to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HTC one M7. Looks really nice, is fast and won't be too much money as the M8 is now out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    LG G3.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    HTC M7+1 looks good

ReputationRep:
    Nokia has the best hardware. But the availability of apps (Nokia is owned by Windows which means Windows phone) is still lacking.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. HTC being brought up a lot and I've never had one of them, will have to check it out.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have the S5 and it's good tbh xxx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Undisclosed 15;48632480]If you dont care about looks, the Galaxy S5. If you do care about looks, just get whatever looks or feels the best as they are very similar. The HTC M8 has a nice feel to it.

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR

Atm I hv the galaxy s3. Wanted to move away from samsung, but, I do like there camera. I also want a phone with decent camera.

Which phone do u hv?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=NHM713;48638803]
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    If you dont care about looks, the Galaxy S5. If you do care about looks, just get whatever looks or feels the best as they are very similar. The HTC M8 has a nice feel to it.

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR

Atm I hv the galaxy s3. Wanted to move away from samsung, but, I do like there camera. I also want a phone with decent camera.

Which phone do u hv?
    I have an Iphone 4. It is not my preferred phone but as I dont have 3g, I dont use it for a lot more than a phone anyway. There are various reasons why I have it such as it was a free upgrade and paying £450 for a new phone is not worth it imo as the upgrades are minimal.

You shouldnt buy an iphone as andriod is better than ios. I would recommend either the S5 or the M8 like I said earlier. It depends on what you want. Be aware though that apart from looks and feel there is little reason to buy a HTC One M8 as it is slightly weaker than its competitors in all respects. Having said that, I would probably buy an M8 as I think that looks and feel are important for a phone and the M8 excels in that respect. The difference in hardware is very small and will hardly be noticed imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Undisclosed 15;48729279]
    (Original post by NHM713)

I have an Iphone 4. It is not my preferred phone but as I dont have 3g, I dont use it for a lot more than a phone anyway. There are various reasons why I have it such as it was a free upgrade and paying £450 for a new phone is not worth it imo as the upgrades are minimal.

You shouldnt buy an iphone as andriod is better than ios. I would recommend either the S5 or the M8 like I said earlier. It depends on what you want. Be aware though that apart from looks and feel there is little reason to buy a HTC One M8 as it is slightly weaker than its competitors in all respects. Having said that, I would probably buy an M8 as I think that looks and feel are important for a phone and the M8 excels in that respect. The difference in hardware is very small and will hardly be noticed imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice I was also looking at the sony xeperia as a friend it and has recommended it which is alright but I know the cameras good. I feel more inclined to get the LG g3 as it looks good and its different from what I have now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.