Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I've been through the DSA meeting and all that and he said I'd get a taxi allowance, it arrived today and it says-

Return taxi fare = £14.00

Return public transport costs = £3.70

DSA contribution = £10.30 per return journey

Maybe I misunderstood the guy at the meeting but that return taxi fare is several pounds too low, it will cost me around £40 or so just to get there. I thought I'd pay the same amount I'd use via public transport which is around 10-15 pound not £3.70

They are giving me tons of **** I don't need like a laptop and some recorder (he forced them on me) all I need is a taxi allowance but this is nowhere near enough.

I'm going to phone on Monday but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it's normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slylee)
    Hello I've been through the DSA meeting and all that and he said I'd get a taxi allowance, it arrived today and it says-

Return taxi fare = £14.00

Return public transport costs = £3.70

DSA contribution = £10.30 per return journey

Maybe I misunderstood the guy at the meeting but that return taxi fare is several pounds too low, it will cost me around £40 or so just to get there. I thought I'd pay the same amount I'd use via public transport which is around 10-15 pound not £3.70

They are giving me tons of **** I don't need like a laptop and some recorder (he forced them on me) all I need is a taxi allowance but this is nowhere near enough.

I'm going to phone on Monday but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it's normal?
    The taxi bit is the hardest to get agreed. What they are stating there is that you have to pay the full amount for your taxi travel, which is shown as £14 per journey which you can then reclaim (total number of journeys per year is normally shown in the report). They will deduct the public transport cost, so when you reclaim the cost by submitting receipts they will repay £10.30 per journey. If the taxi journey cost is wrong then you need to go back to the assessor and let them know. They can update the report and send it in again.

What I will say is finding out the taxi and public transport costs is very hard to do and evidence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.