The Student Room Group

Best white rappers (apart from Eminem)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jon Lajoie :tongue:
Reply 21
My favourite is DEFINITELY R.A. the Rugged Man, he's amazing. He's EXTREMELY underrated and hardly anyone has even heard of him. At his very best, I dare say he's on par with Eminem. I strongly recommend for any rap fan to listen to a track called Uncommon Valor, featuring R.A., it really showcases his talent.

Who else...I can't think of anyone else right now.
Reply 22
Original post by Wilfred Little
Eminem is a superb spitter but he's never been close to the cutting edge of the genre.

The Marshall Mathers LP has to be one of the most overrated albums in Hip Hop history.

I never thought about that album being overrated. But I've just gone through the track list, there are only 7 tracks on there that I think are really good. The rest are...not good.

Why do you think Eminem isn't close to the cutting edge of rap? He's objectively the best rapper ever, of all time. The problem with most other rappers is that they're all too similar, they blend together. All they rap about is money, hoes and killing people. Eminem follows a slightly different formula, since he can't use the N word, he has had to adapt. I can't say any other rapper comes anywhere near close to Eminem.

Eminem has released so much music that, despite some of it being a bit rubbish, he more than makes up for that with the rest of his material. For example, his final album is (almost) complete trash, but then his earlier albums were, for the most part, masterpieces. He's more consistent than a lot of rappers.
Reply 23
Lil' Dicky
Reply 24
lolol

[video="youtube;Ml24Vhkntls"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml24Vhkntls[/video]
Reply 25
[video="youtube;nytpbEe9fvk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytpbEe9fvk[/video]
Reply 26
Hs no one heard of Necro? He's class, in a sort of creepy brutal way :smile:
Reply 27
Drake.
he's half white k? :colone:
Original post by Stinkum
I never thought about that album being overrated. But I've just gone through the track list, there are only 7 tracks on there that I think are really good. The rest are...not good.

Speaks volumes when it's an 18 track album, or 19 if you have the edition with The Kids on it.

People really ought to remove the nostalgia glasses when talking about it. It's aged terribly as well.

Why do you think Eminem isn't close to the cutting edge of rap? He's objectively the best rapper ever, of all time. The problem with most other rappers is that they're all too similar, they blend together. All they rap about is money, hoes and killing people. Eminem follows a slightly different formula, since he can't use the N word, he has had to adapt. I can't say any other rapper comes anywhere near close to Eminem.

Because he isn't. I think the likes of Ice Cube, Rakim, 2Pac, Slick Rick, Andre, Kool G, Ghostface etc all brought more to the Hip-Hop table and mastered their craft to a greater extent (and most have superior discogs.) For what Eminem is admittedly great at, I'd rather listen to Big L.

Eminem has released so much music that, despite some of it being a bit rubbish, he more than makes up for that with the rest of his material. For example, his final album is (almost) complete trash, but then his earlier albums were, for the most part, masterpieces. He's more consistent than a lot of rappers.

I liked MMLP2. What Eminem albums do you think are masterpieces?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
5 tracks off slim shady

6 tracks off infinite

11 tracks off eminem show
The only ones I can think of are Asher Roth (obsolete), Macklemore (yet to release second album) and Professor Green (have no idea what he's doing now)
Iggy Azalea is uhmazing. Some of her lyrics are hilarious too

"Valley girls giving
Blow jobs for Louboutins
What you call that?
Head over heels?"
Professor Green - can't believe nobody here has mentioned him.
Reply 34
Original post by Stinkum
Why do you think Eminem isn't close to the cutting edge of rap? He's objectively the best rapper ever, of all time.
Objectively?!

The problem with most other rappers is that they're all too similar, they blend together. All they rap about is money, hoes and killing people. Eminem follows a slightly different formula, since he can't use the N word, he has had to adapt. I can't say any other rapper comes anywhere near close to Eminem.

You're veering dangerously close to "Eminem's the best ever rapper because he's white". :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest