The Student Room Group

I make people I like think that I hate them

For some reason, the minute I think I've made it too obvious to somebody that I may like them, I immediately start acting like I hate them.
As an example, today I was at a summer school and I was sitting across from this really hot guy. I stared at him once for a bit too long and he caught me looking and grinned at me. After that, everytime he glanced my way I would scowl at him, or give him a blank look and turn away. And he glanced at me quite a few times, so there was something there. Now he thinks I hate him.
And this isn't even the first time I've done this.
How can I stop it? And how can I make it clear to people that I like them?
Reply 1
:lolwut:

Don't do that.
You need to try to get to the root of why you're doing it... perhaps it is a defence mechanism because you are scared of someone getting too close?

If you can work on your confidence or learn to trust people or whatever else it is that may be causing you to do that, then that may stop you doing it in future.
Reply 3
Original post by Sazzy890
You need to try to get to the root of why you're doing it... perhaps it is a defence mechanism because you are scared of someone getting too close?

If you can work on your confidence or learn to trust people or whatever else it is that may be causing you to do that, then that may stop you doing it in future.

Perhaps.. I don't know, I don't trust people very easily. But is it really relevant to this problem?
tell your doctor
Smile!
Original post by Anonymous
Perhaps.. I don't know, I don't trust people very easily. But is it really relevant to this problem?

Potentially as that could be the deep subconscious reason that you reject everyone who may potentially get close to you, because you don't trust them or are scared to let them close. Or maybe it could be something else. I'm not saying it is necessarily that, that's for you to work out as only you can know what you think/feel, but once you've established that and start working on that problem you might learn how to stop making people you like think you hate them.
Reply 7
That's psychotic.

I hate how women love to play so hard to get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending