Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Choosing ib subjects Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Choosing 4 HL subjects is usually not a good idea unless you know french and english very well 3HL's are fine
    I wouldn't choose music but it depends on your future plans maths SL is not bad, much less challenging than HL
    which language do you have A and which B?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyling_roses)
    Hi!
    so, a few weeks back I've chosen by ib subjects, which I'll start studying in September after I've gotten my gcse results back. Thing is, I'm not sure if my choices are too tough or stupid or generally not acceptable. what do you think?
    hl: his, chem, English, french
    sl:maths, music
    thanks!
    THE IB IS HARD MAN only do 4 HL if you're super clever because it'll be alright in the beginning and then they'll slowly kill you..

Quite an array of subjects there! what you planning for uni?

I would suggest history, english and french at hl ( which can lead you into something fabby at uni) and maths, music and chemistry SL (chemistry is hard man and if you don't need it, don't have it at higher!!)

good on you for doing music!! You'll need some fun in there

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyling_roses)
    I'm probably going to go into psychology and Politilogy at uni, I just think a science at higher would be quite helpful and the better I am at languages the better it'll be for my later career, so I sort of have mixed everything together
    ah fair enough! aslong as you're happy with your subjects thats the most important

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.