Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

student loads or financial support for sixth form Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll start with the fact this year were suppose to be my last year at sixth form so my A2s, but in middle of the year something happened which mean that i couldn't stay in school. The school allowed me to leave in the middle of the year and come back and finish my A2s next year. So after i've left i've move out and went to work, and because of a difficult situation i might not be able to move back home when i come back. So i was wondering if its possible for me to get a student loads, or some form of finacial support from somewhere while i finish my A2. or is my only other option is to work more hours? i've work part time at a restaurant anyway but i've only got 70 pound tops, which wouldn't be enough for travel food or rent,

any advice or help would greatly appreciated ....

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there isn't any funding for Sixth form or College, only for university.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your college/6th form.

My college has loads of things, as far as financial support goes.

Your best option is just to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenP1567)
    I'll start with the fact this year were suppose to be my last year at sixth form so my A2s, but in middle of the year something happened which mean that i couldn't stay in school. The school allowed me to leave in the middle of the year and come back and finish my A2s next year. So after i've left i've move out and went to work, and because of a difficult situation i might not be able to move back home when i come back. So i was wondering if its possible for me to get a student loads, or some form of finacial support from somewhere while i finish my A2. or is my only other option is to work more hours? i've work part time at a restaurant anyway but i've only got 70 pound tops, which wouldn't be enough for travel food or rent,

any advice or help would greatly appreciated ....
    There isn't any support for accommodation costs no, your college may be able to offer money for travel & books though this is college dependent, do you not have any other relative you can move in with?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.