Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok given that I get the grades I will be doing a degree with both maths and economics in it starting October. However I didn't do economics a level.. so I need to learn some before I start the degree as I may struggle.
    I don't know how to go about doing this, do I buy an a level textbook or should I watch videos online? or even both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123formyabc)
    Ok given that I get the grades I will be doing a degree with both maths and economics in it starting October. However I didn't do economics a level.. so I need to learn some before I start the degree as I may struggle.
    I don't know how to go about doing this, do I buy an a level textbook or should I watch videos online? or even both?

It's fine, dont worry if you haven't done economics, I don't even think economics as an A level is a big issue when enrolling onto an economics undergraduate degree. Like you mentioned already, the best bet so far is to buy as book and go over the bare essentials of micro and macro economics. It could be beneficial in some way to possible get notes and a a textbook your friends used for their A level in economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the greatest)
    It's fine, dont worry if you haven't done economics, I don't even think economics as an A level is a big issue when enrolling onto an economics undergraduate degree. Like you mentioned already, the best bet so far is to buy as book and go over the bare essentials of micro and macro economics. It could be beneficial in some way to possible get notes and a a textbook your friends used for their A level in economics.
    ok mate thanks, say if it is not possible to do that - is their an economics text book you would recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Just learn about aggregate supply and demand. Normal supply and demand with the diagrams. Policy options in supply, monetary and fiscal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123formyabc)
    ok mate thanks, say if it is not possible to do that - is their an economics text book you would recommend?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-Jo.../dp/0273763121

really good introductory book i found on the subject, goes over the bare essentials, that with your foundation in school mathematics should be more than enough to cope with 1st year in your degree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the greatest)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-Jo.../dp/0273763121

really good introductory book i found on the subject, goes over the bare essentials, that with your foundation in school mathematics should be more than enough to cope with 1st year in your degree!
    Thanks I'll try that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Just learn about aggregate supply and demand. Normal supply and demand with the diagrams. Policy options in supply, monetary and fiscal.
    Thanks for your feedback I'll look into that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.