The Student Room Group

I'm getting real tired of your **** high street clothes stores!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Try a 30E in that case :smile:

I measure 27" and wear a 30 or 28, both are comfy

Yeah I've got to 30E bras, the cups on one are too small but the other fits perfect, it just depends on the cut, I can't get plunges really because of the shape of my breasts they're too difficult to fit.
Original post by SophieSmall
Yeah I've got to 30E bras, the cups on one are too small but the other fits perfect, it just depends on the cut, I can't get plunges really because of the shape of my breasts they're too difficult to fit.

Sounds like you have shallow breasts. Go for half cup bras
Original post by EatAndRevise
Swimming = One-piece swimming costume

I suppose you know that for a fact with your lack of breasts.
I suppose you know that for a fact with your lack of breasts.

I suppose I know that for a fact because I swim, and all the girls who also swim, wear a one-piece costume.
Swimming = One-piece swimming costume

Because you know what's most comfortable for boobs?
Sounds like you have shallow breasts. Go for half cup bras

Nope, got medium/ full ones

https://warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0072/00/1385017089776.jpg

Some half cups are fine, but I feel better and more comfortable in full cups.
Because you know what's most comfortable for boobs?

I know that people who swim wear one-piece costumes, not bikinis.
Have you tried duct tape?

Perfect for swimming
(edited 9 years ago)
Nope, got medium/ full ones

https://warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0072/00/1385017089776.jpg

Some half cups are fine, but I feel better and more comfortable in full cups.

That's not a very good diagram. "Shallow" on that is full in bottom and "full" is full on top, shallow can be either.

Interesting you get on best with full cups, haven't heard many people say that.
I know that people who swim wear one-piece costumes, not bikinis.

If someone wants to swim and is more comfortable in a bikini they can swim in one.
I suppose I know that for a fact because I swim, and all the girls who also swim, wear a one-piece costume.

All the girls you see maybe, there's no reason you can't swim in a bikini if it fits correctly. When I'm talking about bikini's that fit properly this is what I mean http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/19/b6/19b6e372292cac6c7d9a7a6cd4ce3786/seafolly-sorrento-dd-cup-halter-bikini-top.jpg with an under wire and properly form fitting cup

NOT this: http://www.paolita.co.uk/sites/default/files/Paolita-Lille-Lace-Stripe-Bikini-Summer.jpg
Are you determined to get a fitted cup? Because you'll probably be able to get away with just getting a generic size 6 or 8 bikini top, unless you really need the support of an under-wire?

I can get away with a generic top as I don't swim intensively and if I did, I'd go with a one piece (because the advantage of a small bust is that one pieces act as a bit of a sports bra), but to get a nice fitted one for holidays wouldn't go amiss, either! :h: My main annoyance is bras, which I seem to have great difficulty finding.

I must admit, it must be really annoying trying to accommodate with larger cups because you usually need to get the fitted cups for them to be comfortable. I don't understand why these shops don't accommodate as it'd bring so much business. Maybe we need to protest! :mob:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Amazon/ other online shopping.

if you hate high street online is the way
Original post by AmyAintDead
I can get away with a generic top as I don't swim intensively and if I did, I'd go with a one piece, but to get a nice fitted one for holidays wouldn't go amiss, either! :h: My main annoyance is bras, which I seem to have great difficulty finding.

I must admit, it must be really annoying trying to accommodate with larger cups because you usually need to get the fitted cups for them to be comfortable. I don't understand why these shops don't accommodate as it'd bring so much business. Maybe we need to protest! :mob:

Ahh that's a shame.

I believe the reason most shops don't accommodate more sizes especially larger sizes is because the majority of women wear the wrong bra size and think they are a much smaller cup size (and often think they are a larger band size) than they actually are, so the shops don't seem to think the demand is there because almost everyone is wearing the wrong size.
If someone wants to swim and is more comfortable in a bikini they can swim in one.

They can, yes, but swimming in a one-piece costume allows the wear to swim faster than in a bikini. Also, in my opinion, it looks rather strange for someone to wear a bikini whilst swimming.
All the girls you see maybe, there's no reason you can't swim in a bikini if it fits correctly. When I'm talking about bikini's that fit properly this is what I mean http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/19/b6/19b6e372292cac6c7d9a7a6cd4ce3786/seafolly-sorrento-dd-cup-halter-bikini-top.jpg with an under wire and properly form fitting cup

NOT this: http://www.paolita.co.uk/sites/default/files/Paolita-Lille-Lace-Stripe-Bikini-Summer.jpg

That girl in the first link is good looking :redface:
Original post by Qari
Amazon/ other online shopping.

if you hate high street online is the way

I've already been on Amazon, eBay, online shopping ect, the selection is few and it comes with the disadvantage of not being able to try on before you buy
Original post by ChickenMadness
Have you tried duct tape?

Perfect for swimming

Phahaha brilliant!

Original post by ChickenMadness
That girl in the first link is good looking :redface:

yes...yes she is.
Reply 38
I've already been on Amazon, eBay, online shopping ect, the selection is few and it comes with the disadvantage of not being able to try on before you buy

go to a shopping centre. look up a store that might sell what you need and see if it somewhere you can afford to make the journey and also that they allow you to try the stuff on as well
Bouxavenue.com is amazing, there is a sale on at the moment and some of the bikinis are lovely (and in a wide variety of sizes!) My favourite is the cherry halter support bikini top (£12) and the bottoms which are 6 i think; it comes in 32DD as well. They do returns on bikinis as well as long as you keep the hygiene strip on, and their stuff is really nice quality and lasts a long time.

Quick Reply

Latest