The Student Room Group

I'm getting real tired of your **** high street clothes stores!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
I sure hope so as well, it'll mean a mucher larger range in stores. It shocks me as well, when I first found out my actually size I was wearing 34Bs! when I'm supposed to be a 32DD-30E which just seemed insane.

To your original post, I have the same problems and even finding normal bras is a damn hassle (I'm exactly your bra size). To say it is frustrating is an understatement and I feel exactly as you do about buying online. Some bras even if they're your size just don't fit well! And the limited choice you do have all cost a lot :mad:

And to the quoted post, the same thing happened to me too, I was wearing like A-B cups and the wrong band size when I found out I was a 30DD at the time. Oops :colondollar: :giggle:.

I don't have any solutions really but I can empathise :console:
Try everything5pounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Try everything5pounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy crap! That site is awesome, they don't have any suitable swimwear but in general, **** yeah that site is awesome.
Original post by melody19
To your original post, I have the same problems and even finding normal bras is a damn hassle (I'm exactly your bra size). To say it is frustrating is an understatement and I feel exactly as you do about buying online. Some bras even if they're your size just don't fit well! And the limited choice you do have all cost a lot :mad:

And to the quoted post, the same thing happened to me too, I was wearing like A-B cups and the wrong band size when I found out I was a 30DD at the time. Oops :colondollar: :giggle:.

I don't have any solutions really but I can empathise :console:

Yeah I'm the same with so much as getting regular bras, and I know they're super expensive!
I'm getting really tired of your ****. Stop trying to be American.
Original post by MancBoy
I'm getting really tired of your ****. Stop trying to be American.

I was not trying to be American, I was unaware saying real tired instead of really tired was an American thing.
I have the exact same problem!

I went into a well known high street shop looking for a strapless bra, I was told my back was a 30 (although she never measured me) but they didn't have the correct cup size so I went up a back and down a cup size (like she told me to) and the bra kills me! The back is way too tight and it leaves marks even on the last hole! I wouldn't like to imagine the pain I would be in if they had had the smaller back one in stock. Last time I buy a bra from that shop... although she did tell me I had good cleavage so that makes me feel a little better. :rolleyes:
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I have the exact same problem!

I went into a well known high street shop looking for a strapless bra, I was told my back was a 30 (although she never measured me) but they didn't have the correct cup size so I went up a back and down a cup size (like she told me to) and the bra kills me! The back is way too tight and it leaves marks even on the last hole! I wouldn't like to imagine the pain I would be in if they had had the smaller back one in stock. Last time I buy a bra from that shop... although she did tell me I had good cleavage so that makes me feel a little better. :rolleyes:

Phaha what shops did you go to? I know that Ann Summers are pretty notorious for putting women in bras far too small for them
Phaha what shops did you go to? I know that Ann Summers are pretty notorious for putting women in bras far too small for them

Debenhams, it was for a special occasion and I knew it had to fit well and be really comfortable and it was the complete opposite to what I told it would be. The woman in the shop said it was tight because I was used to wearing a 34 I call bull ****.

Really they are?
Debenhams, it was for a special occasion and I knew it had to fit well and be really comfortable and it was the complete opposite to what I told it would be. The woman in the shop said it was tight because I was used to wearing a 34 I call bull ****.

Really they are?

I mean yeah they are supposed to be reasonably tight and it may feel a bit weird at first but it shouldn't hurt.

Yeah, they're pretty awful.
I mean yeah they are supposed to be reasonably tight and it may feel a bit weird at first but it shouldn't hurt.

Yeah, they're pretty awful.

Yeah I expected that but not 3 months down the line when I've been wearing it often.

Oh dear, won't be going there then.
Yeah I expected that but not 3 months down the line when I've been wearing it often.

Oh dear, won't be going there then.

Yeah, it's such a pain in the ass :/
Ugggh! So basically I'm looking for bikinis because I want (and kind of need) to start swimming again because I have nothing else to do until September and I could do with the exercise.

BUT it's annoying and hard as **** being able to find cup sized bikinis that are not only in the correct size but also the correct style for me boobs and it's literally driving me to tears at this point. It also doesn't help that I am broke as **** and in my overdraft so I can't be spending like £30 on this, I'm looking preferably to spend £10 which seems to be easy enough if you're a "normal" size. Not only that but the sizing changes depending on store so whenever I'm looking I'm not sure what I should be getting as I can fit in a 32DD a 30E or even a 28F.

Grrr so angry, want to cry. Rant over.
wear nothing

problem solved

kadoosh.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
wear nothing

problem solved

kadoosh.

I'd get thrown out of the gym :lol:
I'd get thrown out of the gym :lol:

If only I had a fully equipped olympic sized gym at the back of my house where no one could see us:cool:

just saying..

*drops my towel*
High Street shopping choices are bad. The people to blame are those who gave planning permission for out of town stores which led to the retail concentration and poor choice we have, women or men.

Along with the chav, another of the legacies of the Thatcher/Major years.
Go for what corresponds with your underbust. If you measure 28" under, go for a 28F.

And I feel you. I'm a 30G/ 28GG, lol no one makes bikinis other than Bravissimo. Thank god I have a loyalty card.
Original post by herryking
Go for what corresponds with your underbust. If you measure 28" under, go for a 28F.

And I feel you. I'm a 30G/ 28GG, lol no one makes bikinis other than Bravissimo. Thank god I have a loyalty card.

I ended up getting a 30E it fits but I don't trust the clip and the back D: all the bikini seem to have just a really crappy plastic clasp that seems to want to pop open (and it's definitely not too small, fits great)
I bought mine from bravissimo. They are sized by cup/back size. I personally bought a one piece and that fits fine. Have never tried their bikinis so don't know what they're like but could be worth a look. Sorry if someone has already suggested this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
and if there are bikinis on bravissimo, they look ugly and old fashioned. so many bikinis i see online for a-d and they look so sexy and cool and as soon as it goes past DD they start throwing polka dots and patterns on everything. the frustration is real !

Quick Reply