Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Odd question, about water storage in the body Watch

Hello,
    I make frequent trips to India (Mumbai) and i have noticed something: I lose water when in India, and gain water back in the UK.

I have bought clothes in India before, well fitting and then when I come back to the UK and use it here, they are tight for me, because I have gained water.

Is this correct? Or is this incorrect, and is there a different factor?

Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    em, no

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't eat salty foods in India and you consume a lot of salt in the UK? Salt can make your body gain water

ReputationRep:
    Derp.

I'm confused :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,
    I make frequent trips to India (Mumbai) and i have noticed something: I lose water when in India, and gain water back in the UK.

I have bought clothes in India before, well fitting and then when I come back to the UK and use it here, they are tight for me, because I have gained water.

Is this correct? Or is this incorrect, and is there a different factor?

Just wondering
    Normally, water retention/weight is due to salt intake or overall non intake of water due to the body retaining the water because it doesn't know the next time it will receive another intake.

Now, as for the clothing, MANY factors can come into play, such as: shrinkage of the clothing in the Tumble dryer etc.

More info needed on what you did

(Original post by KairosEden)
    Normally, water retention/weight is due to salt intake or overall non intake of water due to the body retaining the water because it doesn't know the next time it will receive another intake.

Now, as for the clothing, MANY factors can come into play, such as: shrinkage of the clothing in the Tumble dryer etc.

More info needed on what you did
    I did not wash the clothes, they had already been washed in India. I'm not too sure about the intake of salt or water.

ReputationRep:
    It may be because you sweat more when you're in India due to it being hotter / more humid than the UK?

Possibly...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.