Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently in the process of joining the RAF, I'm going in as a chef, i was just wondering if anyone else has the same dates as me? my PRTC is on the 5th August and my intake date is the 8th October?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I also have mine on the 5th of August at Halton start date 10th September. Where u coming from I'm going In as logistics supplier

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming from gloucester, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle. Got like 5 hours on the trains :/ don't know wether to drive instead. So nervous! Should be good tho
    wonder how many of us there will be

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, mines about 3/4 hours, have to go into London to come back out the same way 😑 I'm not too nervous, someone I use to go to school with is coming too so I won't feel to bad but looking forward to meeting everyone

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mines the same into London to go back up a little bit haha. Oh that's good for u! Hopefully see u there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnRJones)
    Hi,
    I'm currently in the process of joining the RAF, I'm going in as a chef, i was just wondering if anyone else has the same dates as me? my PRTC is on the 5th August and my intake date is the 8th October?
    I have the same PRTC date but my intake date is 29th October. Going for AMM.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have these dates. 5th August with a start date of 8th October. going in as an ICT tech, and im well excited! I got my dates this morning after having looked at this thread and hoping for these dates as i have the time off work anyway! what timing! How is everyones training coming along. Struggling to do a massive amount outside which is what i love due to the blistering heat right now, so confined to the air conditioned gym!

Sarah
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    It isn't that hot outside. Stay hydrated and get out there.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked the car thermometer, 35 degrees i have been out for a 2 mile run though back from the gym as i got a lift back. enjoyed the run although it was sticky!

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    It's warm but as long as you drink plenty then there's no excuse really. I went for a rather uncomfortable 5 mile run today but it felt good nonetheless. It's not 35 degrees anywhere in the UK either, maybe 25. Your car is exaggerating just a bit haha.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, never know where the thermometer us though in a car.if it's near the engine I suppose it will be hotter after a drive lol

ReputationRep:
    It's usually measuring the temp of the air that is going into the engine and therefore can read a little high in summer or hot weather. Either way, the ambient air temp is definitely not 35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    I have the same PRTC date but my intake date is 29th October. Going for AMM.
    I also have these dates and I'm AMM as well. You going in for AMM (AV) or (M)?

ReputationRep:
    Hey where u guys coming from and u getting the train

and it is soooo warm outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesaar)
    I also have these dates and I'm AMM as well. You going in for AMM (AV) or (M)?
    Hi mate, AMM M I'm going in for, yourself? Whereabouts you located?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on the train from the Midlands. Had my tickers through i get to Wendover for 15:30!

Whereabouts is everyone else from?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have got my PRTC on the 5th August as well and my start date is the 8th October!
    Cant wait just nervous for the fitness test!

ReputationRep:
    Coming from north east my train comes in at 4.30 at wendover so hope I don't miss the shuttle bus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Hi mate, AMM M I'm going in for, yourself? Whereabouts you located?
    AMM AV, I'm getting the train down from Manchester, how about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.