Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help finding the name of a film! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm recently trying to rewatch all the films of my childhood (e.g Hellraiser, The Gate) and there's one that I just can't find when I search keywords of the plot into Google, so if you guys could give me a heads up that would be really great.

The plot is essentially when a poor writer gets hired to work with a team of other writers in a run-down apartment, writing a horror film. The book slowly starts to become "real" they open certain rooms in the apartment and it becomes as it is written in the book they are writing.

The protagonist eventually becomes trapped in the realm, but he escapes with the book (his girlfriend becomes killed in the process). The film ends with the protagonist ripping the books to shreds, disappearing as he does so.

I believe the film involved Johnny Depp but I can't find it on his filmography so I'm not sure where else to look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArrheniusZwei)
    I'm recently trying to rewatch all the films of my childhood (e.g Hellraiser, The Gate) and there's one that I just can't find when I search keywords of the plot into Google, so if you guys could give me a heads up that would be really great.

The plot is essentially when a poor writer gets hired to work with a team of other writers in a run-down apartment, writing a horror film. The book slowly starts to become "real" they open certain rooms in the apartment and it becomes as it is written in the book they are writing.

The protagonist eventually becomes trapped in the realm, but he escapes with the book (his girlfriend becomes killed in the process). The film ends with the protagonist ripping the books to shreds, disappearing as he does so.

I believe the film involved Johnny Depp but I can't find it on his filmography so I'm not sure where else to look.
    Did you search his filmography using IMDb, or Wiki?

I've noticed that Wiki has a lot of errors regarding filmography.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The only films that sound fairly similar which involve johnny depp is The Ninth Gate and Secret window however i don't think they are the film you are looking for. Can you remember any other actors or details about the film as it does sound familiar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    The only films that sound fairly similar which involve johnny depp is The Ninth Gate and Secret window however i don't think they are the film you are looking for. Can you remember any other actors or details about the film as it does sound familiar?
    I don't remember the other actors (I was very young), but the ending was very distinct, the protagonist runs up the roof of the apartment and starts ripping and flinging the pages up into the air, and as they fall down he disappears along with them.

There were at least four "writers" in that film, plus the protagonist, and one particular scene one of the writers says to the protagonist "___ was always the horror writer". I believe the film was around late 90s, maybe early 00s.

ReputationRep:

Are you sure it was a movie?

ReputationRep:

Hellraiser was an 18 film.... which you watched as a child ?

:creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    Are you sure it was a movie?
    Pretty sure

(Original post by the bear)
    Hellraiser was an 18 film.... which you watched as a child ?

:creep:
    Yep. Like around 5? Then remember watching a few of the sequels when I was at least 7 or 8
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the other actors (I was very young), but the ending was very distinct, the protagonist runs up the roof of the apartment and starts ripping and flinging the pages up into the air, and as they fall down he disappears along with them.

There were at least four "writers" in that film, plus the protagonist, and one particular scene one of the writers says to the protagonist "___ was always the horror writer". I believe the film was around late 90s, maybe early 00s.
    Ah i see, i't does sound fairly familiar, but can't find the film. If you do remember anymore more details or the actual name of the film then do say/update the thread as now it's bugging me too haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.