Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this girl I really like, I don't think I've ever had a bigger crush on someone, but there's a few issues. Firstly, she's from a very religious family, so she'll likely settle with someone her parents choose and approve of, also meaning they have to be of the same ethnicity. I'm white and she's Asian. 2) I didn't want to ask her when I had the opportunity to avoid the risk of feeling like ****, but I'm 90% sure she has a guy she likes and she's admitted to having a crush on a guy at sixth form, though this was a while ago.

We have the same circle of friends and go out every so often. The last time we went out, she was on her phone a lot. I had a quick glance at her phone and the texts consisted of paragraphs going back and forth with her smiling a lot. However, she always wants to know my relationship status, but I guess it's nothing but curiosity. I already know I stand no chance simply because of her family, but I can't stop thinking about her not can I bring myself to accept it. I no I need to let it go but I don't know how to, especially since we have the same friends (although it's only really one friend that's mutual). I've been feeling depressed all day and really don't know what to do in this situation. I keep looking at my phone hoping for a text but that's not happening.

Any advice?

bump

ReputationRep:
    she muslim?

(Original post by Kabulkid)
    she muslim?
    hindu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hindu
    hmmm idk a lot of girls are different.

some girls like honesty from guys so if shes like that be straight up with her and say you like her

some girls will freak out when you just randomly say you like her, if shes like that maybe ask her out somewhere wheres its you and her and flirt with her, she shud get the hint and then repeat till you feel you're comfortable telling her that u like her.

ReputationRep:
    just tell her if youre friends. although it may be slightly awkward, its less awkward than not saying anything-if youre friends youve probably been through other embarrassing/awkward moments anyway😀 even if its a no, at least you know where you stand

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you already know that this situation is going nowhere, don't you? There are far too many issues here that make the situation impossible for you from an involvement point of view. She is from a different culture ,and even if she did have an emotional attachment to you, her parents would quickly make their objections known and that would be the end of it. I suggest that you try to avoid being in her presence as much as you possibly can. This might be difficult for you , but being constantly around her isn't going to help you get over her.
    If you are finding it particularly difficult , then I strongly suggest that you consult a professional who can help you get through this emotionally painful experience. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.