Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got offered a job at BHS and my induction day is soon. I was wondering about what I should expect from it? It's an all day thing 10-5 and i'm not really sure what to expect. Any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Are they hiring or?? Because I'm desperate for a job too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    Are they hiring or?? Because I'm desperate for a job too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure if other stores are recruiting or not, you're best bet is to just go in and ask, and if so then hand in your CV. That's what I done and I got a call a week later saying I had been invited to an interview and then the next day I got offered the job.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Congratulations on the job! As far as retail work goes, BHS is a good, reliable company to work for so well done!
    I've been working at BHS for nearly 2 years now [I'm 18] as a Sales Associate on womenswear. Although my contracted hours are only Sundays, BHS is good for overtime so it seems simple enough to do extra hours, especially during busy times!

My induction day was fine and quite enjoyable actually (you get paid!). When I did mine there were 6 of us on the induction - 2 weekend staff (me and another girl), 2 full time staff and 2 women to work in the restaurant. We started off by meeting in the admin room around a table and filling in forms (i.e bank details- don't forget to bring your card!) and if you're under 18 you will get a document for your parents to sign saying they agree to you working, since you're a minor. We also got our name badges. The rest of the day was spent watching videos (on customer service, safety in the work place, how to help people with disabilities etc) and filling in question booklets about safety and customer service (don't worry - they give you the answers!). We got copies of our contracts to sign and also an information booklet about the BHS company, plus the names of the managers in our store. In the afternoon we had a tour of the shop and then at the end got separated into our departments to spend 30 minutes or so doing 'recovery' (putting clothes from the fitting room rail back on the shop floor).

Its a pretty standard induction - paperwork/admin, tour of the store, safety videos/policy are all covered. Then on your first contracted day you will spend around 2 hours doing till training and then start at work! Oh and for the induction day I wore a white shirt and black trousers- not everyone wore uniform although it can't hurt to look smart

Overall theres nothing to worry about, everyone in the BHS group is really friendly and helpful and I'm sure you will enjoy working for the company (and getting the 25% off arcadia discount cards haha)

Good luck! If you have anymore questions, ask!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadiaaa)
    I'm not sure if other stores are recruiting or not, you're best bet is to just go in and ask, and if so then hand in your CV. That's what I done and I got a call a week later saying I had been invited to an interview and then the next day I got offered the job.
    Ahh you're so lucky and thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soluna)
    Hey Congratulations on the job! As far as retail work goes, BHS is a good, reliable company to work for so well done!
    I've been working at BHS for nearly 2 years now [I'm 18] as a Sales Associate on womenswear. Although my contracted hours are only Sundays, BHS is good for overtime so it seems simple enough to do extra hours, especially during busy times!

My induction day was fine and quite enjoyable actually (you get paid!). When I did mine there were 6 of us on the induction - 2 weekend staff (me and another girl), 2 full time staff and 2 women to work in the restaurant. We started off by meeting in the admin room around a table and filling in forms (i.e bank details- don't forget to bring your card!) and if you're under 18 you will get a document for your parents to sign saying they agree to you working, since you're a minor. We also got our name badges. The rest of the day was spent watching videos (on customer service, safety in the work place, how to help people with disabilities etc) and filling in question booklets about safety and customer service (don't worry - they give you the answers!). We got copies of our contracts to sign and also an information booklet about the BHS company, plus the names of the managers in our store. In the afternoon we had a tour of the shop and then at the end got separated into our departments to spend 30 minutes or so doing 'recovery' (putting clothes from the fitting room rail back on the shop floor).

Its a pretty standard induction - paperwork/admin, tour of the store, safety videos/policy are all covered. Then on your first contracted day you will spend around 2 hours doing till training and then start at work! Oh and for the induction day I wore a white shirt and black trousers- not everyone wore uniform although it can't hurt to look smart

Overall theres nothing to worry about, everyone in the BHS group is really friendly and helpful and I'm sure you will enjoy working for the company (and getting the 25% off arcadia discount cards haha)

Good luck! If you have anymore questions, ask!
    x
    Oh my, thank you so much! You've basically answered all my question haha I feel so much more confident about it now, thanks to you did you get your discount right away or a few months after? Haha that's the main thing I'm excited about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    Ahh you're so lucky and thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It took me ages to finally get a job but you feel so proud one you get one. I'm sure you'll get one soon

ReputationRep:
    Hay, I've just been invited to an interview for BHS and I was just wondering what was it like on your interview and what kind of questions do they ask? Also was it a group interview?

ReputationRep:
    What's the dress code are coloured hair, mines turquoise and piercings allowed ?? I don't own any fancy clothes so would jeans and a top be ok ?? What do they look for in the interview ??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.