English Literature: We need to talk about Kevin

Watch
AnnieFraz17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey sorry but I have to study this over the summer. Does anyone (who has read it) have any english literature pointers about We Need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnnieFraz17)
Hey sorry but I have to study this over the summer. Does anyone (who has read it) have any english literature pointers about We Need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver?
Moving this to the English section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnnieFraz17)

Do you have to study this? Or did you choose it? I have this novel sitting on my Summer Reading List!

I don't think there are any Literature pointers for this. Just read it, and analyse it with a specific perspective; thematic, stylistics, characters, narratology, etc etc.
Betonymoon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did my comparative essay on it at A2. I'd say keep an eye out for use of humour, both sides of the nature/ nurture debate, the contrast in descriptions of Kevin and Celia and Eva as a potentially unreliable narrator. Honestly I really enjoyed studying this book so I hope you will too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads