Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are we all doing this summer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think this summer I probably wont be going out much. Trying to develop myself through self teaching myself some maths modules and volunteering for a youth club. On paper, I'm nothing special, bunch of Cs and Bs so I thought I've relaxed enough in life and I will try looking a bit better.

I'm most interested in what you're all trying to do to develop yourself, especially those of you who are in college like me

ReputationRep:
    Trying to develop boobs and a bum.
    Otherwise trying to develop a brain for A Level Maths and Physics.
    Same - I've started at home and only found 2 chapters easy since they were from gcses :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. You could also try doing some fitness stuff this summer, if you're lucky enough to live near a park like I do, start going for jogs and build up your distances every day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    I think this summer I probably wont be going out much. Trying to develop myself through self teaching myself some maths modules and volunteering for a youth club. On paper, I'm nothing special, bunch of Cs and Bs so I thought I've relaxed enough in life and I will try looking a bit better.

I'm most interested in what you're all trying to do to develop yourself, especially those of you who are in college like me
    I'm already well into self-teaching maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)

Watch a few series of Netflix, catch up on some sleep, the usual holiday for me. If I'm feeling adventurous I might even try LoveFilm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    Trying to develop boobs and a bum.
    Otherwise trying to develop a brain for A Level Maths and Physics.
    Same - I've started at home and only found 2 chapters easy since they were from gcses :rolleyes:
    Ah, unlucky, I'm getting them relatively easily, shame I'm a guy. I hope it's not to attract guys, they'll go for whatever
    Not sure about Physics but I can help you out with your maths if you need it and a lot of your mechanics for physics.
    I've almost given up, I have no idea what it's saying most of the time

(Original post by sunnydespair)
    Sounds good. You could also try doing some fitness stuff this summer, if you're lucky enough to live near a park like I do, start going for jogs and build up your distances every day
    I've become rather nocturnal so it's not really an option for me anymore I went out a few weeks ago to asda around midnight and I was attacked by someone so it's rather put me off going out at night.

(Original post by addylad)
    I'm already well into self-teaching maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good, I recommended doing it to all the GCSE students who visited my sixth form and they just looked at me like 'in our own time??'

ReputationRep:
    exploring london and just chilling out as much as possible before uni begins. I might look for a job once ramadan is over though so I have some extra dosh to buy clothes, shoes and makeup

ReputationRep:
    A level is near, but I'm still too relaxed by playing too many video games, going to malls with my family, and taking a nap... Maybe it's time for me to revise, although my books are left in my locker....

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in America, teaching at a summer camp came out on the 2nd June, go home 31st August

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Watch a few series of Netflix, catch up on some sleep, the usual holiday for me. If I'm feeling adventurous I might even try LoveFilm..
    I'm one of those people who take longer finding something to watch rather than actually watching so it's not something I can do! If you can recommend anything as good as Game of Thrones, be my guest!

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
    exploring london and just chilling out as much as possible before uni begins. I might look for a job once ramadan is over though so I have some extra dosh to buy clothes, shoes and makeup
    Jobs are super rare to come across, good luck!

(Original post by TimBluesWin)
    A level is near, but I'm still too relaxed by playing too many video games, going to malls with my family, and taking a nap... Maybe it's time for me to revise, although my books are left in my locker....
    I know how you feel, I spent my time playing COD but when I got to college I regretted it ever so slightly! I would recommend that you just go through some notes before you go in!

(Original post by smudge_moon)
    I'm currently in America, teaching at a summer camp came out on the 2nd June, go home 31st August

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow! Where are you teaching? How did you get the placement, do you have any specific qualifications?

ReputationRep:
    sleeping in til 6 in the morning, getting wasted, waiting to go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Ah, unlucky, I'm getting them relatively easily, shame I'm a guy. I hope it's not to attract guys, they'll go for whatever
    Not sure about Physics but I can help you out with your maths if you need it and a lot of your mechanics for physics.
    I've almost given up, I have no idea what it's saying most of the time
    I wish I could melt yours and add it to mine - one man's something is another man's treasure (not very effective since I forgot what it is x,D). Yeah right they do. Debatable face, flat chest and seal-like insulation sound good to you?
    I can't even remember it atm but I'll PM you when I need help, thanks!
    Are you 3 chapters+ in?

ReputationRep:
    Going Ibiza for 21st

Das ****ing it man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonelink)
    sleeping in til 6 in the morning, getting wasted, waiting to go back
    I'm partially inclined to scream 'BANK OF MUM AND DAD' and high five you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    I'm one of those people who take longer finding something to watch rather than actually watching so it's not something I can do! If you can recommend anything as good as Game of Thrones, be my guest!

Jobs are super rare to come across, good luck!

I know how you feel, I spent my time playing COD but when I got to college I regretted it ever so slightly! I would recommend that you just go through some notes before you go in!

Oh wow! Where are you teaching? How did you get the placement, do you have any specific qualifications?
    I've got a qualification in teaching art I just applied haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What IS there to explore? I want to both leave and stay at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    I'm partially inclined to scream 'BANK OF MUM AND DAD' and high five you.
    *parents go shopping*

CIDER PLS

*gets wasted*

*sleeps whole day*

*rinse, repeat*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    What IS there to explore? I want to both leave and stay at the same time.
    well I've recently started to appreciate London alot more and even though I've been living here almost my entire life, I still feel like there's so much I haven't seen

ReputationRep:
    Basically sleep and eat. I'm too nervous to get a job and I had a mid life crisis quite prematurely and so realised that the subject I've always worked for is not for me. I contacted my firmed Uni a week ago to try and change course but I'm still waiting to hear back. So maybe crying/reading ready for the course.

Oh and maybe talking to the people that I live with I guess.

ReputationRep:
    why not try get a job somewhere in the city and explore when you get off work? i got a job in holborn recently and just walk around and walk along the river after work. i found a lot of great stuff i would probably never see

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.