Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey was wondering whether anyone knew how to create an appointment booking system using either microsoft excel or access...? i havent used either much, any help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sareena)
    hey was wondering whether anyone knew how to create an appointment booking system using either microsoft excel or access...? i havent used either much, any help would be greatly appreciated
    Really, you should be linking Outlook and Access, not Access and Excel.

ReputationRep:
    You could use Excel for this but I don't really know why you would.

Context?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    You could use Excel for this but I don't really know why you would.

Context?
    haha totally forgot
    background- opening up a beauty salon soon and need to make an appointment booking software somehow as it would make life easier with clients blah blah, but online ones are bit expensive so i thought id have a go at making my own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sareena)
    haha totally forgot
    background- opening up a beauty salon soon and need to make an appointment booking software somehow as it would make life easier with clients blah blah, but online ones are bit expensive so i thought id have a go at making my own
    The issue with using Excel and Access is that the system would have to be entirely internal, and then you may as well just have clients contact you directly and enter the appointments on a calendar.

There are free online ones. I did a quick Google search and the first one I found was this: http://easyappointments.org/ (no idea how good it is).

You would still have to pay for hosting a website. That would only be a few pounds per month but you could even get that free if you're willing to have adverts placed on your pages.

Be aware that if you haven't set up something like this before then there would be a bit of a learning curve, and you would probably want to focus more of your time in setting up the salon. My advice would be to have clients contact you directly initially then set up a system like this when you have more time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.