Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can some tell me what this means its for my course entry requirements and i don't get it.
    Applications from people with relevant work or life experience or non-standard qualifications are welcome. Evidence of ability to write in English will be assessed by a small written task. Applicants will also have an informal interview with the Course Leader. No other specific entry requirements although students hoping to later progress for social work training will need GCSEs at grade C in English and Maths or equivalent (Key Skills Level 2).

In addition, a requirement of the course is the completion of a ?? hour work placement in a social care-related field. A Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) form will therefore need to be completed upon enrolment at the cost of £44*. Evidence of a criminal prosecution does not necessarily exclude you from the course but it must be disclosed. (*Price correct at May 2014)

Prior to enrolling on the Foundation Year degree, applicants must research and contact the university/institution they wish to progress to upon completion, to that this qualification will equip the student to be accepted as an entry qualification.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.